January 23rd: If This Walls Could Talk (Journaling Challenge)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Jan 23, 2017.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello! Hello!!! We are approaching the last week and I see so many accomplished people with so many awesome pages, it makes my heart sing!!!! I'm so happy and honored to be hosting this challenge and can wait to see what your creativity brings!!!!
    This is a Journaling Challenge. As the title indicates, you will be journaling from a different point of view, with the walls doing the talking instead of you. How would the walls see or tell the story if they could talk?

Although this may seem difficult at first, it is actually easy since it allows you to become creative with your journaling (even if you do not usually journal). There are so many possibilities. The walls should tell the story as an observer. Choose a place and then let the wall(s) talk about the place or the story they way they would see it happening.

You can choose a major story like the birth of your child or the day of a graduation, or something more day-to-day like cooking a recipe in a kitchen. You could describe a period of your life spent in some other place, or you can talk about part of your childhood or someone else's life. You could even choose not to tell a story -- instead you can choose a room, a house, a place of work or somewhere you visit, and describe it, as the wall(s) of the place would do.

This is a journaling challenge, so you will need to write at least 5 sentences. You can write more if you wish, but the minimum is 5 sentences (word art, word strips or quotes may be included but do not qualify for the journaling requirement).

Just in case here are the rules first, and then I will explain you many ways of doing this, possibilities are endless, but it needs to be the WALL or WALLS doing the talking :)

Requirements :
    1. Journal from the point of view of the wall or walls of the place/event you chose to scrap, a minimum of 5 written sentences
    - word art, word strips or quotes do NOT count as journaling.
    2. If you don't have a photo of your event, you can do a photo-less page.
    Please transcribe the first 5 sentences of your journaling (you can transcribe it all, of course but only the first 5 are required) in the page description/credits area.
    4. Anything else you would like to add! as little or as much!

Here is what my walls would say:
    For my first page, I created a dialogue between the walls of one of the hospitals I visit the most. Therefore, I have two subjects having a short dialogue that is a bit humorous, but gives details of events happening or that happened in the past there...it will tell the story to someone reading this in the future, even if not going into so much detail.

"-Have you seen her? She is back in Cardiology today…
    - Yes, she spent 5 hours in A&E before the ward :(
    -Oh.. I heard about that
    - She was shouting at that useless student
    -Well, I would too if my arm was like hers!!!"

[​IMG]

For my second page, the walls tell the story of the very first meal my daughter cooked on her own, aged 8. Here the journaling is extensive, written in the third person, telling the story in great detail:

"She was a very determined little girl.
    From a very early age she learned, sitting with her grandma on a high stall they had in their kitchen.
    She would learn and laugh and love, and so it became much more than following a recipe,it was a labor of love.
    The kitchen was already the heart of the house, even full of mismatched plates, cups, different sets of cutlery & the bright green all over (which she had helped painting just aged5) and here is where she decided to start her independence, asked mum to allow her to cook from one of the many recipe books in the house. The choice was a minestrone soup."

I described the events of why she got so interested in cooking at a very early age, described the kitchen, and provided lots of history and details, but still from the wall's point of view.

[​IMG]

Here are some more ideas:
    "It was a cold day of January when they arrived with the baby"
    "There is so much light coming from the main windows …"
    "There was always so much laughter and the table was polished every summer"
    "I saw them arriving on a rainy day of summer.." (here "I" refers to the walls!)
    "She loves the front window and spends time here often, maybe that's why she likes to paint us every year at the beginning of autumn…"

HERE is also a page made by our @AnneofAlamo which gives another way to do this challenge.... the possibilities are endless but ut has to be THE WALLS doing the talking, please, follow this, the WALL or WALLS need to do the talking :)

[​IMG]

Requirements :
    Journal from the point of view of the wall or walls of the place/event you chose to scrap, a minimum of 5 written sentences - word art, word strips or quotes do NOT count as journaling.
    2. If you don't have a photo of your event, you can do a photo-less page.
    Please transcribe the first 5 sentences of your journaling (you can transcribe it all, of course but only the first 5 are required) in the page description/credits area.
    Anything else you would like to add! as little or as much!

General requirements: Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page should be uploaded to the TLP Gallery and not an outside hosting site. Please post your page in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean. You should also post your page here in this thread, and people can comment here if they wish. Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store). All MOC pages must be posted in your main MOC page thread by 11:59 pm eastern time on February 2 in order to count!

enjoy! can't wait to read those stories and see your awesome creativity!!!!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    mirjam, knclark, mnjenlittle and 10 others like this.
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Oh my this is going to be interesting. Very clever idea! Love your hospital one.

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Oh Cyn...this is so you!! I just love your challenge...although it will make me have to dig deep....can't wait!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Cynthia you are too clever by half ! Should be fun.

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Glad I stayed up to read the challenge so I can sleep on it and hope to dream an idea.

Neverland Scraps and MrsPeel like this.
  6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

What an interesting challenge.... I am not fully doing MOC as I am too late to join in but this sounds a fun challenge to do.

mirjam, bestcee and MrsPeel like this.
  7. MrsPeel

ohhh girls I am so delighted you like it!!!!!!! there are so many possibilities, we can go humor or dig deep (to quote Nati!!!) am really really glad you like it!!!!!!!

so so glad you like it!!!! I saw a gorgeous page of yours earlier on with Rebecca's doll, ypou can go any3ay you want with this one.... can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!!!!

LOVE you!!!!!! thanks so much I am so so glad you guys like it, I tried to go with something that could be fun OR dig deep..... as being yet another journaling challenge.... looking forward to your page Nati!!!!!!!!!

Love you Vivi!!!! thanks!!!!!!! It can be a lot of fun indeed!!!!! oh now I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!! <3

Sweet dreams!!!!!!!!! wishing you the best dream/idea and can't wait to see the page!!!!!

oh Anne Marie, would love you to make a page!!!! shame you can't play the whole thing...you don't think you would be able to catch up? there are some 10 days or so left?

8. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

@MrsPeel Can we make our own chat bubbles for this challenge?

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. MrsPeel

of course :)
    mine, the ones that are color, are from AmberLaBau, I just changed the words, There are lots of ready made or even doodles that you can fill in with papers, but if you want to make your from scratch that is fine :)
    Also, it isn't a requirement to do the dialogue, but it is fun!!!
    I'm looking forward to your page Jill!!!!!

jwalls39 likes this.
  10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Awesome Challenge, Cyn. I have done my layout but will only upload for SOSN. But I love it already, thanks.

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. MrsPeel

so soooo glad that you love it!!!!!! I thought maybe some of you will kill me , springing up another journaling challenge!!!!!! LOVING your pages Stefanie, I will make time to stop to leave you love!!!!!!

mcurtt, jesskab and StefanieS like this.
  12. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

This is such a brilliant idea - so unique. I will have to give this some thought. your pages are fab btw :beat

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. carilyne

I can go any way I want as long as I come from the perspective of a wall. Not some other thing. Right? Wall is non-negotiable.

I am okay with wall but saw one go a different way so I am double checking.

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Cynthia, I think I would go crazy trying to catch up on all the past challenges as I am not a fast scrapper.

I did enjoy creating this page as I had taken the photos but had not got around to scrapping this event. If you look at my layout in the gallery you will read more details.

[​IMG]

15. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

What a great idea @MrsPeel! I'm off trying to come up with an idea, I'm not a fan of journaling but I like the "out of the box"-feel of this one, if that makes sense. See you guys later!

mirjam and MrsPeel like this.
  16. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Ok ,I was all set to do a journaling from a lovely historical buildings point of view, (and actually I might still do that as a normal Art Journal page ) but in the same folder was this photo, no contest right ? It had to be this one;
    [​IMG]

17. carilyne

Got and wrote out my journaling. Now to wait and see how it fits on a page because it's past my bedtime

flowersgal and MrsPeel like this.
  18. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    mirjam, ziesenil, wvsandy and 6 others like this.
  19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

This is creative!! Love it! . . . . An idea is forming already !

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. claireee323

claireee323 Member

Wow, that is so weird. I totally thought of this concept yesterday and thought it would be good as a challenge when I was walking around my neighborhood. I already know which direction I'm going. Thanks!

cfile and MrsPeel like this.