January 2017 Pocket Projects

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by bestcee, Jan 2, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

A new year. A fresh start. And I'm sure there are some happy Type A personalities with January 1 on a Sunday this year!

However you are documenting your year, share them here!

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love that the year started on a SUnday too. I am going to do this in 2017. Can't wait. Already have some awesome calendar cards bought and ready.

RebeccaH and bestcee like this.
  3. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I run my weeks Monday-Sunday, so I don't get that satisfaction until next year. :giggle Since January 1 would otherwise be hanging out by it's lonesome, though, I think I'm just going to bundle it in with the first week in my 2017 album anyway (though we may have actually done enough on that one day for a full 2-page spread!!!).

bestcee likes this.
  4. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I also run Monday-Sunday, but I bundled the first with the rest of the week. Already planning!

5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Yes, I'm very happy that the first week of the year started 'properly'! Now I just have to remember to take some photos as the wet, colder days do not inspire me to go out. :compcoffee

RebeccaH likes this.
  6. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I love the Sunday start this year too! Have not started this year at all yet and just barely finished 2016 today! Yay!

RebeccaH and bestcee like this.
  7. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I couldn't help myself. I started early. I think I'm going to use the 'as many or as few pages as it takes" approach.

[​IMG]

hclappy, bestcee and FILIPPOK like this.
  8. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

My weeks obviously start on Monday, so no full first week for me until next year!
    But I kind of like it. Because it means I use the first odd single page in an album (you know the one) about just the fireworks! I didn't really do anything else on that day so..
    I bought my new week cards and font, but I think I'm gonna keep with my template style from last year.

bestcee likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I admit to being a little giddy about the first being on Sunday this year :giggle
    I've finished up the left side of week one and hope to work on the right side this weekend. I might take this approach this year... work on the first half of the week and then the second later instead of trying to do it all at one time. We'll see how it works out hahaha

[​IMG]

hclappy and Mrivas like this.
  10. Mrivas

This is what I have always done. I work on my pages for the week as soon as I have enough for one page.

RebeccaH and IntenseMagic like this.
  11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Trying out my plan for 2017 with the first couple days of January...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hclappy, cookingmylife and Mrivas like this.
  12. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Yes! This.

scrappyjedi likes this.
  13. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Finished page 2. Had to censor one card because it's Cards Against Humanity, therefore not exactly work appropriate.

[​IMG]

14. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

So, the whole Sunday start to the year is what's motivating me to actually considering doing a project life-type thing this year. That, and my desire to photograph and document more than just the dogs. I'm just really struggling to know where to even start right now!

RebeccaH likes this.
  15. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Julie, I have never done a complete year before and I don't know that I will do layouts but I am definitely doing photos. I found this wonderful little app called "little moments" that provides prompts each day. I love that it gives me the whole month but then prompts each day so I can document my day.

Even though it is now just hubby and I almost every day (grandkids don't stay as often since their dad got a new job) I don't want to look back at some point and realize we quit taking photos. Our life may be "boring" but it is my life.

RebeccaH likes this.
  16. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I think I NEED to do layouts to keep myself moving along, but my issue is I don't want to do a fully filled 12x12 page. I have an idea in my head of what I want, but so far I haven't found it in template form. So Leah's template maker may be the way I need to go. Still working my way through the store to see if what I want (or something close) is actually there.

RebeccaH likes this.
  17. lynnw

lynnw Active Member

Week 1 finished! I did January 1st on last week's lay-out, but my album runs from summer break to summer break (I work as a teacher so that's still how my years are organised) so no big deal for me! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Mrivas

I tried really hard to go simpler but it wasn't happening so it's my usual style:
    [​IMG]

19. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

So (as usual) I got excited over the first week of Project Life and this week is a whopping four pages! I need to finish page 4 tonight or tomorrow (we might go see Moana again tonight xD)

But here's page 3:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    hclappy, lynnw and Mrivas like this.
  20. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!