January 2: Year In Review (Journaling Challenge)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by HeatherB, Jan 2, 2017.

1. got2digiscrap

got2digiscrap Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Link to Gallery: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/2017mocday2_year-in-review.288046/

kit: The Doctor is In by Kristin Aagard https://the-lilypad.com/store/digital-scrapbooking-kit-the-doctor-is-in.html

Journaling: What a year 2016 has been. It has been full of wonderful memories. It has had a year of smiles and a year of worries. I think my most memorable moment of the year was the best and worst day of the year. My daughter had always fought Strep Throat from when she was six months old. She had really large tonsils and they were always swollen. They would shrink a little after antibiotics and then flare back out. We decided she was going to get them removed because they were gettting worse and worse even when they were not inflammed. She was excited and nervous. I was too. They were keeping us overnight. She kept saying she couldn’t breath right. They would put her back on O2. Then the evening nurse told me she didn’t know what was wrong but she called the doctor and made him promise to come in to check her before we were set to autorelease in the morning. He came and checked her in the morning and said I don’t know what is wrong with her because it is not her tonsils. He said he would come check on her again after his office hours. They could not take her off oxygen or her stats would drop to 70s in seconds. He came and checked on her and told me he didn’t know what was wrong but they were transferring her to PICU via ambulance. We get to the PICU and she had a collapsed lung because they had missed mucus or blood during the removal. We stayed there from Tuesday through Sunday when she was finally able to come home. My best momment was hearing she is good enough to come home and we never have the tonsils again. The worst time started from when she kept saying she can’t breath right. I am so happy that the doctors were there for us and God protected her by her side. I love my baby girl and am grateful for her.

HeatherB likes this.
  2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

3. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Here is mine, I am surprised my journaling just kept pouring out.

[​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  6. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

7. marchbaby

marchbaby Member

my son's growth review this year :)
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  8. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

OK, finally finished this one - it was harder to write than I expected - but I think it will be a good summary page for my 2016 Album - thanks for the push!
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  9. jennv

jennv CT - Amy Wolff

My year - the big item!! Did this for my photography business opening in 2016. This was huge for me. AFter years of dabbling and hemming and hawing, I did it.

[​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  10. Karen M in FL

Karen M in FL Member

11. KarenZkrap

KarenZkrap CT - Kate Hadfield

My page:

[​IMG]

Credits:
    Doodles -Monkeying Around- & -Island Paradise- (Kate Hadfield)
    Alpha -Shiny Chrome- (Kristin Aagard)
    Paper -Gradients/A Little More- (Bella Gypsy)
    Kit -A Little More- (Bella Gypsy)
    Template -Fun With Envelopes 2- (Scrapping With Liz)

=)

HeatherB likes this.
  12. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

13. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits