Jan-April 2018 Voting

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Dec 11, 2017.

What books should we read next?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2017.
  1. Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. The Giver by Lois Lowry

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. You Had Me At Woof by Julie Klam

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Britt Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  6. Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  7. Notorious by Allison Brennan

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  8. A Hundred Small Lessons by Ashley Hay

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  9. Odd Child Out by Gilly Macmillan

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  10. Little Broken Things by Nicole Baart

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Here is the voting for the next four months. So everyone can vote and pick their top FOUR books here. :) The shortest one will be the book for January. :) Here are the choices:

1. Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris
    2. The Giver by Lois Lowry
    3. The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan
    4. You Had Me At Woof by Julie Klam
    5. Britt Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman
    6. Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine
    7. Notorious by Allison Brennan
    8. A Hundred Small Lessons by Ashley Hay
    9. Odd Child Out by Gilly Macmillan
    10. Little Broken Things by Nicole Baart

Can't wait to see what we'll be reading together next year. :)

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Made my choices and voted. Some of these aren't available to me from our local digital library but they all look good so hopefully they get added to our library later this year. I think our Canadian libraries don't get the selection that the U.S. gets unfortunately.

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm going to check them all out and come back to vote. I'm determined to do this! I read so much, there isn't any reason not to read and join in here!

Karen likes this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Voted- so for 1 of them, i picked Little Broken Things and even if we dont read it together, our library doesnt say what number you are in the queue, but the ebook will not be available to me until March 18th next year; there's more copies of A Hundred Small Things (because she's an Aussie author and they seem to buy a lot more local author stuff) so I'm right from end of Dec onwards for that. I can't get Stillhouse Lake through our library but will find a way at some point!

Karen likes this.
  5. Karen

That is tragic really. :( Wish I could share my library books with you.

6. Karen

I agree! You should be reading with us! Lol! I know for me though sometimes it takes me awhile to get to the selections here and although we set them up for a specific month, really you can read them anytime. That's what's great about the forum threads... you can come back and comment on them whenever you finish and pick up the discussion then. :)

jk703 likes this.
  7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Voted! I really need to start participation!

EHStudios and Karen like this.
  8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I am so happy for this forum. You all have introduced me to quite a few books this year that I probably otherwise wouldn't have read. Can't wait to see what gets chosen for 2018. Also, joining the goodreads book challenge was the other great thing this year for me b/c its been fun to see how many books I've read throughout the year and also to have a handy view of all the book covers. One of my pet peeves has always been when they change a book cover and I don't recognize it as one I've read until I start reading it. Now I can check my goodreads yearly challenge page and see the titles.

Awesome year of reading (squeezing in at least one or two more before the year end).

It's not on the list but I'm reading "The Marriage Pact" and am hooked. It's good.

Karen likes this.
  9. Karen

Just a couple more days for voting! Come on in and let your voice be heard! :)

10. Karen

11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I was able to download Stillhouse Lake onto my ipad so am going to read that after The Royal We (that one I have now from our digital library). Little Broken Things is on reserve at our digital library so I'll get that in the couple of months. I can't find Britt Marie Was Here anywhere online to download or reserve at our library but I'll keep watching at our library to see if they get it. They have Beartown by the same author and I am going to reserve that one in the meantime.

Karen likes this.
  12. Karen

I just bought Stillhouse Lake on Amazon this morning for $1.99. My library doesn't have Little Broken Things so I may have to pay {gasp} full price for that one! :giggle I already downloaded the audiobook for The Royal We (yay) and I'm on hold for Britt Marie. :) I'm looking forward to all of these! I hope you can find the Britt Marie one at your library soon!

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@Karen Like you, I may have to resort to buying it at kobo if neither of my two digital libraries gets it in the next few months. I'll watch kobo to see if a sale comes up, otherwise it's not a big deal to buy it, I don't spend hardly any money buying books anymore so a few throughout the year won't break the bank. Not like years ago when I used to spend a fortune on paperbacks and magazines each month. Now everything is digital....library books free and magazines cost a small monthly fee for online viewing. The only physical monthly purchase I make now is my Paleo magazine.

Recently, it seemed weird to order a few books from amazon last month as all my books have been digital for a few yrs now. But I wanted to read a couple of books about cholesterol meds and amazon had them super cheap (which I may need soon and want some education before I decide) so it was kind of strange to unwrap the box and take out two paperbacks LOL. I will read those over the next month in between reading our bookclub recommendations. Even my hubs looked at me funny when he saw the books, saying that I don't read real books anymore LOL.

Karen likes this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oooo... I shoudl be able to get Stillhouse for $1.99 too! Off to get! :)

Karen likes this.