Instagrammers

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Juliestcyr, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

I want to post more LOs onto my insta, but I want to do it from my laptop (Mac). Suggestions?

2. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

There is an app called later, where you can load the photos into it, write what you want , and then "schedule" to post. But you actually have to post from your phone. I tried it, but I can do it just as fast from my phone. Let me know if you find something!!!

KittyY and Juliestcyr like this.
  3. LynnG

LynnG Designer

I use Later and find it really good for posting layouts :-)

KatrinaHunt13 and Juliestcyr like this.
  4. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

There is a plugin for Lightroom to post directly to Instagram. I have never tried it, but I have heard about it. If you are a LR user you might want to check it out.

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm another one that uses Later - it makes life super easy (especially if u have long credit lists and hate typing on your phone like me!)

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have used the Later app in the past, but I use Gramblr now. You upload from your computer, write your caption, and schedule it to post...but the best part is that it takes out the step of having to actually post from your phone like you have to do with Later, it posts it automatically.

KatrinaHunt13 and Mrivas like this.
  7. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I'm another BIG fan of Later.com. You get 30 posts/month for free and that's usually all I need from my computer. I love it and all it takes to actually post is to copy and paste once you get the reminder you set (on the calendar). I will even use it when I want to post right away and just set the time to now. It's obviously great for scheduling in advance, too. And again... free.... :giggle.

Another thing I like about Later.com is that it preserves the spacing between paragraphs (unlike the native IG app). I love that.

FYI... full disclosure. If you sign up with that link and post with IG with Later, you and I will get an extra 10 posts/month.

@IntenseMagic , be careful about apps that post directly to IG for you (although I don't know anything about the one you mentioned). That's actually against IG policy and they could delete your account without any warning for it. I've heard of it happening to people. It's a bit of a pain, but it's worth the extra step to protect your account.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

another fan of Later.com! easy peasy!

9. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Because of your recommendations I got Later today and LOVE it. So easy. I tried it out right away, and it's really good.
    @bellbird I also hate typing on my phone and because of that I had stopped using IG altogether. But now with Later I'm good. So thank you all for mentioning it.
    They do say that IG doesn't allow posting from outside so I would definitely be careful about other apps that do that. I wonder how LR does it....- unless it also needs an extra step, not sure, I don't know how the plugin works.

bellbird likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I just got both Later and the PlugIn but only set up one layout to go to IG via Later. When I do them on my own, I usually send the photos to FB. Is there a way to do that also via Later etc?

eta: ok, I now see that with Later you still have to do some work. I don't see where it lets me add my phone (on my phone) so that I get a notification to post. I pay no attention to emails on my phone basically and even with the one post I did post a bit ago I never did get a notification.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I have used the Lightroom Instagram plug-in with no trouble.

12. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Mine notifies me with my phone (if you put it in the calendar with a time) and I literally just swipe the notification and click paste. Super simple.

14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Maureen, maybe you need to allow notifications for the Instagram App on your phone? General Settings > Scroll down to Instagram and make sure Allow Notifications is ON. Not sure .... but thinking that could potentially be the issue?

15. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

I did not know about this app!! :clap

16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'll have to check notifications because my default is usually NO. I don't live with my phone in my hand that's for sure.

17. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

I actually use Hootsuite...it does the same thing as Later and it was one less app on my phone (I already use Hootsuite to manage my SM)

18. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I've never used either and now I want to try them doe both my scrapping and Disney instagrams!

This is awesome! Thanks guys!