I really hate it when...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Feb 16, 2018.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

... I think I'm done with an album and I realize I still have one more page to scrap. AAAAaaahhh!!

I'm trying to get two albums completed to purchase during Shutterfly's unlimited page printing deal. So, I was scrapping my traditional "all the photos that I wanted to put onto pages but didn't have room for" page when I saw photos of a page I never scrapped. Sigh. So much for being done! :gigglep

Has anyone else ever done this?

Oh well. Back to scrapping!

LoveItScrapIt and cfile like this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I always double-check photos/LOs like you do. It's good to catch that stuff! Before printing my 2016 book, I knew I had to finish my Easter LO, so I opened my Layouts folder and opened up the first file I saw with "Easter" in its name. So I start adding elements... And then I realize the pics were from 2017, not 2016! D'Oh! I didn't even think about what year the pics were from, I was just on a roll LOL!

At least you realized it before printing, so you have to time scrap the page! :) I also realized before uploading to print so I just made a new page with 2016 pics. (And I had my 2017 page done for when it came time to print my 2017 book. IDK what I was thinking but I really did think I had a 2016 page started!)

It's great you're so close to getting 2 books printed! I'm nowhere near ready to print another one (I printed 2017 last month) but this sale made me realize I should start uploading 2018 pages so I'm ready as soon as the first sale of 2019 hits us next year. :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I hate rushing @QuiltyMom Jan... that was me when I was doing my vacation books.. I quadruple checked and I still found a few errors when I got the printed book. Slow and steady. You still have time before it expires..

QuiltyMom likes this.
  4. QuiltyMom

@Tree City Sara, I've done that before with photos! It's usually after I've scrapped the page that I get this nagging feeling that I've scrapped those photos before. Then I find out that I have! I really admire those people who make a log of which pages need to be scrapped to make sure they don't forget anything. I think I'm going to try that for my next yearbook (I'm three years behind!). Luckily this is a Disneyland trip album, so if I forgot to scrap about a ride it wouldn't have been a big deal if I skipped them. I'm just glad I saw it!

@cfile Christa, I'm the world's worst at catching errors. They're usually journaling errors, which isn't as easy to ignore. I'm trying to slow down now to make sure all is well. We'll see once they're printed! ha!

cfile likes this.
  5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I hate that too, but I'm no where near having enough pages done to print a book. I just need to keep scrappin and upload my layouts so when the next sale comes along I can take advantage of it. That's what I keep telling myself and then the next sale comes and I'm still not ready. Oh well, someday I'll get it together... hopefully sooner than later.

Sending error free scrappin vibes to all y'all!

QuiltyMom and Serena like this.
  6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I hate that too! My page left to scrap is usually the cover or title page.... I always leave those to last and I always struggle with them.

The other thing I hate (which I currently have going on), when you've just got four pages left to scrap for a book before you can print and you can't muster up one once of mojo to get them scrapped! I've been sitting here staring at these same photos since yesterday!

QuiltyMom and Serena like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have done the same thing. Another thing that has happened to me is I have gotten 2 of the same page. I look back on my order and I only ordered 1. Not sure how that happens, but it has happened a couple of times. I just stick in behind the page (that's the same) and sometimes I can use it in my daughter's book.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well, the thing that bugged me this year with Shutterfly was that I had about 10 pages from my December Boston trip which was going into the 2017 Project Life book but I reached Shutterfly's max with only about 5 of them. So...I see a Mixbook of just that week ahead some day. I didn't want to go back through my emails to see what Mixbook was offering this weekend. I was done!! :dizzy

QuiltyMom and bestcee like this.
  9. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I *know* it would bug me to have missing pages -- so my "big" books are albums with slipcovers (and forever adaptable) and my photo books are just for specific things, like when I made a book for my mom of pages with my dad and the kids (after he passed away) and a book for my daughter that was just pages of her. (I can't remember why I made that one, since I haven't made one for either of the boys. I think I felt like she was suffering from "middle child" syndrome and thought it would make her feel less left out.) Neither of those books were meant to be "complete", so I wouldn't feel like something was left out.

However, I'm thinking of going back and making big photo albums for the years that I'm completely finished with (at the moment, just 2003 and 2004. I started scrapping in 2003, when my oldest was born.) I only finished 2005 a few months ago, so while I think I'm done with it, I'm not confident enough to lock it down. LOL

Funny that I started digital scrapbooking specifically to make annual photo books, but haven't made any since the year I started! My poor kids won't see their pages until the high school graduations, I think.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  10. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

It just amazes me when I read about all you gals and your albums. I have such respect for all of you. Me? BWAAAHAHAHAHA!!! My photos are a mess. All years jumbled together. All my layouts are in my computer, iCloud, EHD, google photos, etc etc etc. No albums!! My instructions to all my kids are-------after I am gone, you know where the layouts are. You want albums? Go at it!!!! What I am doing, and just started is making up separate folders for each family. Then in the family folder I am making folders for each person in the family. Trying to organize the layouts so they can be easily found.

11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

That's why I don't do books unless it is for a specific project.

I prefer the individual pages in 12x12 coversets. Can't tell you how many times I have reorganized them. This last reorganization I realized that I've got old photos that can be scrapped to put in the very pretty Disney coverset I got not long ago. That spurred me to organize my photos so I can determine if they have been scrapped or not. Even my 2010 cruise that has over 60 layouts is in a coverset and not a book.

12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Since I scrap yearly books, and they are usually 100 pages or so, I randomly include moments, so I don't realize pages are missing. :giggle Now, if I did a vacation album, and noticed a missing page, I would hate that too! I just did one of the Shutterfly free extra pages, so my book yesterday was 2012... and a quick upload, sort, check and print. I know I'll find errors when we get them, but it's a given that I've gotten used to.

13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm one of those people who organizes their photos so I don't not scrap anything important. #ocdmuch

Last year, after the last Unlimited Pages sale, I uploaded all of my 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 pages to Shutterfly so I'd be ready for the next one. All I had to do this weekend was make cover & back pages (I do softcover so no spine needed) for my two volumes of 2007, and I was ready to go.

This is the first time I've had my regular/non-vacation pages printed (which is so sad since I've been digitally scrapping since 2003!) so I'm just giddy thinking abt finally having some of my thousands of pages in real albums that we can look at whenever we want.

I plan on printing one year at a time during each Unlimited Pages sale until I get caught up(ish).

klee73010 and QuiltyMom like this.
  14. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'm a random - this is how life usually works person. I scrap what I want, no order and my books are printed the same. It adds variety and it's like life. Never a dull moment!

klee73010, QuiltyMom and Serena like this.
  15. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I'm with @NancyP and @LoveItScrapIt My family doesn't do "organized" things, which is good for my Gemini heart. So trips are very few and far between (we've had ONE family trip in the entire time of our family and my daughter is 18.) so it's really easy to "keep up"... I'm mostly behind because I used to put all the photos I wanted to scrap in a folder and when they were gone I was "caught up". But then we had to move my computer drives around because one was failing and I had a back log of photos to move and then folders were everywhere and I lost track.

I basically just gave up for now. But I'll start putting things in folders again and get them printed when I have enough pages. And there's a sale, because those are EXPENSIVE.

I try to have a "Scrap Pages" folder that holds a copy of all the "DONE" pages so it's easy for me to find and then I'll just drop them into whatever and let them print. Don't care about order or whatnot. I'll be happy just to have them printed.

QuiltyMom and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  16. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have something similar set up. When I finish a layout it goes into a "To Be Uploaded" folder. They just collect there until I do an upload for printing. Once they have been uploaded, they get moved to my category folders of scrapped layouts. Probably should get what is in there uploaded to Persnickety and use my credits to get layouts printed.

Serena likes this.
  17. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Oh no! I guess that is a blessing with how I do my scrapping, even though I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a completed little (or big) book. I don't scrap chronologically, so I need to get pages printed instead. I haven't decided yet what I will do about my USA 2014 album, because my friend in the US got me heaps of cute stickers and things to use in my album. I know it will be hybrid, but I think I will do it page by page instead of as a book. That way I know it will hold up to the bits and pieces on each page.

bestcee, HavaDrPepper and QuiltyMom like this.
  18. QuiltyMom

Oh, yes. Or the pages I left the journaling blank because I couldn't think of what to write. Did I really think that I'd suddenly know what to write later on? Ha!

I only scrap in albums, otherwise nothing would get done. It's the one area in my life where I'm organized!

I stopped doing this because my albums were getting too big! That's why I only print in photo books.

19. QuiltyMom

After all that I never got my album done. Oh well, it should be ready for the next sale. I got too wrapped up in the olympics and in rediscovering a knitting project that I suddenly became obsessed with! Oh well. :giggle

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I usually have a running list of items that I plan to put into an album, so I don't usually forget pages, but I do always have the anxiety about clicking that "order" button at Shutterfly because I feel like I've forgotten something or maybe didn't check to make sure nothign important was being cut off the edges or whatever. It does take the pressure off a little bit when they have these fabulous sales, so you're spending $40 instead of $120!

klee73010 likes this.