Hybrid Embellishments

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by GlazeFamily3, Dec 13, 2017.

1. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

So... I didn't do hybrid for my DYD because I just couldn't get my act together. Additionally, we'll be visiting friends for a week, and logistically I knew it would become an incomplete project.

But, I am still completely drawn to hybrid and really want to delve in during the new year. I have walked the aisles of local craft stores- completely overwhelming, by the way. I have a really good idea of what I want to do, but I am not seeing everything I actually want to use to make my vision come to life.

So, tell me- what are your favorite physical products to add into your hybrid albums? Where do you find the best physical embellishments? Of course, many I will want to print from the kits here, but I LOVE a good physical wood veneer. And there is no substitute for a good roll of washi tape.

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Buttons and lace/ribbon/twine are my go-tos for hybrid cards (I don't create hybrid LOs anymore). Also, glitter/gesso/paint for some texture.

londoncuppa and GlazeFamily3 like this.
  3. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Washi: I buy it all. From anywhere - Target, online, Micheal's, Joanne's. I love washi.
    [​IMG]

5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

anything particularly 3D or lacy I'd add as a real embellishment and use digi for the flat stuff

6. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I look for any & everything that can add texture to a page; especially things that aren't normally considered scrapbook items. I've put a real fork on a cooking page and feathers on a bird page.

I'm always looking at items to see if they will work (sewing notions, holiday decorations, hardware, wood-working items, etc.). I usually stitch on most of my hybrid pages (either with my sewing machine or hand stitch).

I use a diecutter in some manner on every page (I'm addicted to cut files & dies). I love to print out digital papers to work with. They're so fantastic. I just bought the big Sizzix last week. I'm thrilled to finally be able to use my really big dies to cut 8-1/2 x 11 papers instead of being limited to 6 inches in width.

I own about 300-400 rolls of ribbon/washi; hundreds of packs of sequins; Copic markers, Zig Clean Color Brush Markers, watercolors, gesso, texture pastes (plain/colored), fabric, buttons, mists/paint sprays, acrylic paints, stamps, dies, etc. Basically, I'm a buyer and hoarder of just about everything that can be used on an art journal/scrapbook page, and I LOVE IT ALL!

I bought a shirt at the Scrapbook Convention this summer that says, "It isn't hoarding if your stuff is cool." Amen! In my book, as long as it's less than 1/2 inch tall, it can go on a page.

I also subscribe to several kit clubs and receive a lot of interesting stuff each month. I have stamps by Peppermint (One Little Bird)/Valorie Wibbens from these and have embellishments from Peppermint, Valorie, Just Jaimee and Leah (Mommyish) from my kit clubs as well.

I probably went way beyond the scope of your original question. I just get so excited talking about hybrid. Thanks for the opportunity!! @GlazeFamily3

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Expound please! I always wonder how your store something that thick? And how you'd attach it?

8. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

One was a wooden fork that wasn't too big. The other page I did required more work. It had a full-size silver spoon, and I used a rubber mallet to straighten out most of the neck, so it laid pretty flat. The adhesive I use for about 80% of my items is a super high-tack double-sided red tape. It doesn't move!

Angela Toucan, bestcee and umyesh like this.
  9. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

I am a MAJOR doily girl!! HAHA, so much I get teased about it. Twine is a go to for me also. I love really thin jute twine, but also the white/and a color bakers twine's I love too. Foam adhesive is a MUST for me in traditional and hybrid scrapping.

Sequins, enamel dots are go to also. So glad to see more people excited about hybrid @GlazeFamily3 !!!!

10. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I have found some good supplies super cheap while after Christmas shopping- washi tape, wooden embellishments, baker's twine... so fun!

londoncuppa and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  11. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

I do have a few *cough cough* border punches that I like to use also. I seem to be drawn to the same ones over and over though, so I went thru and got rid of a lot of them.

londoncuppa likes this.