Howdy from Texas!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by jazzmatazz, Mar 10, 2018.

1. jazzmatazz

jazzmatazz I am anything but run-of-the-mill ...

Kim, where did you live in Illinois? My dad's family is from Nashville, about an hour east of St. Louis. And I was born in Champaign.

2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I grew up in Macomb, then attended U of I in Champaign. :)

3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Tracy, sure wish you were still in Alexandria or VA at least. We could meet up in DC or my house to scrap. Preferably my house as my iMac doesn't travel well! bwahaha Glad you found a pad to sit on here!

btw,my firstborn was born in San Angelo and those darn 'northerners' were always coming down from Amarillo and surrounds with winds like a mini-haboob! It was all new to me as an east-coast transplant.

4. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

@jazzmatazz eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk!!! My ol' mate Tracy is here!!!!!!!!!!! :circles:byay:fairydance:happydance2 AND back to scrapping!!! Oh wow!! It is so lovely to see your smiling face again sweetie!!!! :tacklehug :wub I remember when you left to home school and I was so very sad and woot!! now you are back!!! :beat:beat:happyhug:yowza Just holler if you need anything!! :thumbsups

5. fanon

fanon Well-Known Member

Hello Tracy. Welcome to the Lilypad

6. jazzmatazz

Maureen, there are times I long for the beautiful scenery in the less cosmopolitan areas of Virginia -- the lovely woods and graceful rolling hills ... especially when the dust storms roll through this fairly barren spot of Texas. But I don't miss the traffic. :driving However, I'd endure it for a scrap-together!

ONA!!!!! How are you, girl? So GOOD to reconnect with you! I've missed chatting with you and your wicked sense of humor! :banana:dancebun:bkI have, however, seen some of your layouts on the rare occasions I was able to get back on scrapping sites. You STILL ROCK them!! :goldstars:love I am still homeschooling my youngest two, but we're in high school now so there is more independent work! YIPPEE! It will probably be at a snail's pace for a while, but I looking forward to easing back into scrapping.

Fanon, thank you for the welcome. I've been cruising the Pad gallery, and I love your clean scrapping style! Like many, I tend to go with the "more is more" philosophy, so I admire anyone who can utilize whitespace to its fullest potential!

7. jazzmatazz

Kim, I was my dad's graduation present! He studied aeronautical engineering at U of I in Champaign, and I was born during his final exam week right before graduation! (I'm sure he appreciated the timing.) So I have a soft spot for U of I! Go, Illini!

8. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

LOL Oh my goodness, that's some timing! :-) My husband got his BS AAE at U of I too! I was in EE. We met through the engineering fraternity where he was a member and I was a little sister. :thumbsups

9. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Welcome to The Pad, Tracy. So happy to have you here with us. :)

10. jazzmatazz

Thank you, Jen. Enjoying my time here ... though I need to stop being a voyeur and start adding more to my gallery. :hide BTW, I am a big Muppets fan, and I love the Swedish chef!

JenEm likes this.
  11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Tracy, I know we have introduced ourselves over in the gallery and had our little chats already, but let me welcome you here too!!! Your presence is a delight, both your pages and you around!!!!!!!! so glad to have you over!!!!!!![​IMG]

jazzmatazz likes this.
  12. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

13. jazzmatazz

@MrsPeel Cynthia, thank you so much for your gracious post. I am having a blast so far; everyone has been so friendly! One of the things I like best about a scrap site is the camaraderie. Lilypad definitely has captured that spirit!

@scrappydonna Thank you for the welcome!

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

Seems like you have been here for some time, but better late than never: welcome!

15. sucali

sucali sucali

Welcome to The Lilypad Tracy! How wonderful that you are here now.

16. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

hello!! Welcome to TLP !!! Looking forward to seeing your awesome pages!!

17. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

A big Lilypad welcome!