Howdy from Texas!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by jazzmatazz, Mar 10, 2018.

1. jazzmatazz

jazzmatazz I am anything but run-of-the-mill ...

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

Rikki, I'm dreaming of it even more since our temperature dropped about 30 degrees since yesterday! (And I thought spring had finally sprung!) And thank you for your kind comment on my layout.

Christa, Sandy, and Angela, thank you all as well for your gracious comments as well! And I LOVE everyone's signatures. That's next on my "to do" list! ;-)

Becca, thank you for the "like" and the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know all the designers here at the Pad better!

2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Tracy, and welcome to the Lilypad!

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome Tracy! I'm so happy you found us, and jumped in! Beautiful layout, and I wish it were spring here! (I'm in NJ!)

4. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Welcome Tracy! So glad you are jumping back in and joining us at The Pad!

5. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Lovely to meet you hope you enjoy it here at The Pad :) Such a pretty page too, wow amazing intro to your gallery I can't wait to see more of your creations!

6. jazzmatazz

Heather, Jenn, Ashley, and Em, (hey, it almost rhymes!), thank you all so much for the welcome! I'm looking forward to spending more time at the Pad!

jk703 likes this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome Tracy! So glad you are going to jump into the forum fun.

8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Welcome, I am sure you will fit right in !

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to the Lilypad Tracy! Glad you decided to jump in here and I hope you love it as much as I do! :) If you have any questions are you're looking around feel free to holler! :)

10. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I'm a little late to the party! But - welcome! So nice that you've joined us here! The page you've created is absolutely stunning!! Can't wait to watch your gallery grow with goodies from our awesome designers!!

11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Hi Tracy! I'm also a long time scrapper. I was doing it before it became an industry. And then when digital scrapping became a thing, I quickly sold off my paper stuff. Digital is so much better! I live in Fredericksburg, VA. I've heard there's a Fredericksburg in Texas too. Spring is beginning to bloom here, with a lot of wind. At least it's sunny today.

12. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello Tracy! Welcome to the Lilypad!

13. jazzmatazz

Liz, Vivi, Jill and Meredith, thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

Karen, thank you for the offer of help. Always useful for a newbie! :clappy BTW, have a daughter that shares your name, but spells it with an "i" instead of an "e".

Michele, I've lived in D.C. area (Alexandria and Vienna, VA) as well as in Virginia Beach, so I've traveled through Fredericksburg, but never lived there. Yes, there is a Fredericksburg, TX, which is a very quaint, artsy town. Many people love to make yearly trips to Fredericksburg for the food and the art. Right now, however, I'd rather be in Fredericksburg, VA, if you all are already having spring. Two days ago, it was in the mid-70s; today, it's back down into the high 50s. :cry

michelepixels likes this.
  14. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@jazzmatazz We're so glad you came out of lurking, Tracy!!. My name is Margaret, and I'm a fellow Texan. I live in a small town in central Texas near Austin I'm also a hybrid, paper and digital scrapper (why limit oneself?). I've been scrapping since 1997 (when shaped scissors and ugly stickers were the only thing available). I may live in Texas but am a complete Anglophile and love all things related to England.

The Lilypad is THE best home in Digiland! The designers, store owner (Laura); admins (Nancy & Julie), and creative team (the fabulous Pollywogs aka Pollys) and community are like no other (IMHO). It's home away from home!

We can't wait to see your gallery creations. Be sure to check out the monthly challenges. Not only are they a lot of fun, but you also have the opportunity to win a $50 gift certificate to the store!

I also HIGHLY recommend checking out the various monthly subscriptions for sale in the shop (Just Jaimee's VIP and the Memory Pocket Monthly are my personal faves). They are so amazing and an unbelievable value.

We're a family here, so if you have any questions about anything, please don't be shy. Everyone loves to help. Welcome to the family!

15. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

It's awesome German wine country, Michele. Great vineyards and a little pocket of German culture in the middle of Texas; plus it's beautiful Hill Country with lots of B&Bs. Perfect couple's destination.

michelepixels likes this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks so much! I'm kind of new here too, but I love it already! You will too.

17. jazzmatazz

Margaret, thank you for the welcome! Always glad to find another Texan! My husband went to seminary at Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, which is right across the street from UT, so I am familiar with the area. Unfortunately, being a University of Oklahoma grad, it was a little like being in enemy territory. :smackdown Luckily, OU won the Red River shootout every year we were there! :righton Amazing how subdued the UT students were those nights.

I will definitely check out the challenges! Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions.

And thank you all for making me feel so welcome!

londoncuppa likes this.
  18. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Welcome, Tracy! I am in Texas as well, but in the Dallas area. So glad to have you joining us here! :)

19. jazzmatazz

Thank you, Kim! I live in West Texas, near Lubbock, Amarillo, and the New Mexico border. I drive through Dallas every summer to take my kids to camp in Mississippi, but aside from that and landing at DFW, I don't venture to Dallas often. The traffic is too much for this smaller town girl. :scared

KimJ likes this.
  20. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I know what you mean. I grew up in a small-ish town in Illinois, so it was quite an adjustment moving here. After 26 years here, the traffic seems pretty "normal" to me now, but there are still roads and times I avoid if I can!