How to Get your Layout RIGHT in the gallery and Forum

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 5, 2017.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

once you get it you will be the pro, helping people, it all works out!
    [​IMG] the front pop up is what you are looking to change the size of your page,

2. bbachand

bbachand Well-Known Member

Thank you for this info! I really appreciate it and downloaded the action (it's awesome!). But, I think I still need some help. My recently added layouts still look pretty fuzzy in the gallery (now that I've uploaded them at the correct size) and I'm not sure I have the unsharp mask settings right. Any settings you can recommend would really be appreciated @AnneofAlamo or anyone else who has some advise. :think:yup

3. heatherhiggs

heatherhiggs Active Member

I use Artisan, not PSE. I have changed my saved jpeg as 600X600 pixels. I am trying to edit my current layouts in my gallery, but the size under "information" doesn't seem to be changing....

4. AnneofAlamo

@bbachand I just went and looked at your gallery and they look good to my bifocal wearing eyes. There is also another FREE action and some see a crisper results with it. I have not used it, but the woman who made it is pretty awesome:
    Save For Web Action
    [​IMG]

5. bbachand

bbachand Well-Known Member

6. lizziej

lizziej Active Member

Thanks so much!!

7. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this, @AnneofAlamo. I thought I was saving for the web but it turns out I was loading some biiiiigggg files into the gallery.

8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

9. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

10. Marjoleine

Marjoleine Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with getting my layout from the gallery to the forum. When I want to copy the BB code, there is no BB code. Naamloos.jpg
    How can I upload and directly link to the forum from the gallery?
    I am logged in on both forum and gallery.

11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@Marjoleine - Here you go -- See the picture below. Click in the box I attempted to circle. It will highlight the whole line. Then do Ctrl-C (Cmd-C on Mac) to copy it. Go to the forum post and position the cursor where you want it. Then do a Ctrl-V (Cmd-V). Ta Da! It will paste both an image of your page and create a link from the image to your gallery entry. Capture.JPG

p.s. since this screen capture is not in the gallery, I used the Upload a File feature on a post.

bestcee likes this.
  12. Marjoleine

@BevG Thank you! But as you can see in my thumbnail photo there is nothing under "Share This Layout" so I cannot copy any BB code lol

Edit: Found the problem. Adblock Plus was blocking the code. So switching off adblockers works :byay

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    bestcee likes this.
  13. AnneofAlamo

@lmccandless and or @NancyBeck
    this maybe to your new status. I tagged the powers that be, and they may have to switch something on your account! ♥

Marjoleine likes this.
  14. Marjoleine

@AnneofAlamo I found the problem, Adblock Plus was blocking the code.

Karen and AnneofAlamo like this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

So glad you figured it out! :banana

Karen likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! I turn off all my ad blocker here because of unexpected things like that. I'm glad you figured it the problem!

KellyM likes this.
  17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I 1st use a free action from Speed Scraps which takes the PSD and gives you a 3600dpi and a 600dpi (which I make 700dpi) jpeg. In PSE, I take the 6/700dpi image I and do what @michelepixels does...but I do not have to change the height or width. There is a tiny Drop Down area at the top right. Use that.. N.b. This is defaulting to MY chosen size of 700x700 but TLP allows up to 800x800. Just a FYI.
    cvw.png

Because I'm on a new iMac, I find that if I add sharpening my layouts look over sharpened. I prefer to do that on photos in Lightroom before I scrap.

KellyM likes this.
  18. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

I agree @cookingmylife mine are looking too sharpened, so I am changing my process to this as well.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  19. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Question for our experts - @AnneofAlamo and @Karen - I have tried every action. I usually think my layouts look to sharp. So I recently switched back to PSCC legacy funtion - save for the web. I love how my layouts look BUT I think my photos look a little soft. I will attach an example. Any suggestions? I am pretty sure I am completely OVERTHINKING this! LOL! :groan

[​IMG]

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am definitely NOT an expert! :giggle I think your layout and your photo look great... at least on my screen. ???