How to avoid me | Gallery Posting 101

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by jenevang, Jan 13, 2017.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

2. AnneofAlamo

@Mama Shades I am gonna pop into the chat room (go to top and just hit chat and follow the steps) lets see if we can get you all okay! ♥

3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

:rofl ... I'm totally sending you one now... and it's gonna be a doozy! :giggle

HA! It wasn't so bad, was it? Looks like Anne is getting you all set up. I'll pop in the chat room and see if you're still there. No worries! Resizing can be tricky.

4. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

Lol @jenevang , no it wasn't! Just leftover guilt from my school days - I hated getting in trouble :)

A big shout-out to @AnneofAlamo for helping me out! She's the BEST!

Off to fix my layouts!

5. AnneofAlamo

aw, you are too sweet...you actually helped me to help others too and together we are strong! bhwhahaha:happyhug

elk2009 likes this.
  6. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

@AnneofAlamo - :hissy it only worked for that one file!!!!!!! I'm about to quit!!!!

7. jenevang

Sarah, don't quit! And don't worry about the pages you've already uploaded. Let's just focus on resizing the new ones, k? No biggie!

Which program are you scrapping in? Maybe I can show you a different way.

8. AnneofAlamo

no quitting! Scrappers don't quit, we have control Z in our hobby! hang on Sarah!

angiekey likes this.
  9. heatherhiggs

heatherhiggs Active Member

I have changed all my jpegs to 600x 600 pixels. I am clicking edit image and uploading the new image. However, the size is not changing under "information". I use Artisan and not Photoshop or photo shop elements.

10. jenevang

You know, it's not changing it for some reason. Don't fret about it. Just resize before uploading future uploads and all will be excellent!

[​IMG]

Also, it may be changed but you'll see the old one b/c you'd have to clear your cache. Don't worry about that!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  11. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

@jenevang I just resized the ones that needed to be resized but can't seem to find the Upload button to re-upload in the edit box *scratching head*

12. AnneofAlamo

13. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

Thanks @AnneofAlamo! Got the ones that were over 250 down and re-uploaded

jenevang likes this.
  14. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Pancakes are their own food group

@heatherhiggs
    Resizing an image to 600 x 600 pixels may not change the file size to be 250 kb or below. They are two different measurements. Does your software have anyway to determine the kb size of your jpeg while you are in save mode?

15. heatherhiggs

heatherhiggs Active Member

In Artisan, they give you "dpi" sizing choices. The smallest being 72dpi.

16. Nightshadow

@heatherhiggs
    DPI has to do with printing, it stands for "dots per inch" (that's dots of ink by the way). The measurement doesn't truly relate to images uploaded to a gallery, but maybe if you save your image at 600 x 600 pixels and 72dpi it may work. Good luck with this.

17. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Saving in Artisan doesn't work that way. The only choices available are to save by dpi and the "quality" of the image saved. When I save at 72 dpi, the smallest pixel count is 864 x 864 and I usually save at a quality of 7/10. To get a lower pixel count, I have to go to Photobucket and resize and then save back to my computer. Frankly, I don't usually do that because it's a pain.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  18. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

You get all the :clap from me for including Daniel Jackson on this post! :heartslub

jenevang likes this.
  19. Nightshadow

I have a suggestion for you. There is a free program called FastStone Image viewer. With it you can not only view images, you can also resize them. It gives you the option of pixel size (width and height), and pixels per inch (also something which has to do with printing, but fewer pixels per inch or ppi makes for a smaller file size), and other options. I've been using this program for years and I love it so much, I paid for it and bought a license (license is optional). I can't recommend it highly enough. I'm pasting in a link below. If you decide to give it a try, please let me know if it does the job for you. :)

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@bonnenuit and @heatherhiggs - I too am an Artisan 5 user. I usually save it as 72dpi. I then open the saved file with Windows Paint. Click Resize, Pixels, and pop in the 600. The maintain aspect ratio should be checked by default. I use Paint to resize my layouts, ATCs, siggies, double-layouts, etc. so that the biggest side is just 600. This should also get it under the file size limit.

So far, all versions of Windows come with Paint, so you should be able to do this. Just right-click on the jpg, Open With, and Paint should be choice.

heatherhiggs likes this.