How to avoid me | Gallery Posting 101

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by jenevang, Jan 13, 2017.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SO... I totes love you all! And I LOVE all of the gallery awesomeness at The Lilypad! Right? Right? I am honestly so inspired every.single.time. I enter the gallery. It's like a smorgasbord of talent in there!

PSA: go check it out. Leave some love.

[​IMG]
    That said, there are a few things you can do to help us follow #alltherules and avoid getting a little PM from me asking you to change something in your gallery... cuz you need to spend your time SCRAPPING, not editing #amiright

1. Upload Size: This is a bit confusing because our new (and awesome) gallery allows really huge uploads... however, the gallery guideline has actually not changed. The size limit is 250k. If you need to know how to resize your image, PLEASE ASK (pretty sure there is a thread here somewhere about it if someone with better searching skills than me can link me up). If there is not, I'll create a short tutorial on this. Easy Peasy!

2. Outside Links: These are not allowed in our gallery. Now, we LOVE all scrappers and designers and creative peeps, and we absolutely want you to credit any outside designs you use, but please don't link them up. That said... feel free to link up your TLP products. It's a great way to enable your fellow scrappers.

3. 50/75% Rule: FOR CHALLENGES (including MOC), 75% of your layout needs to be created with products from CURRENT products in the TLP store (if it ain't in the store, it shouldn't be counted in this 75%). Please note that templates only count at 15%. Note: The general gallery guidelines are that 50% of the page be TLP products... this is what is stated at the top of the Gallery page and this would include any upload that is NOT to be counted towards challenges.

4. List Credits: Please credit everything you use in a layout/upload, even if not from TLP (just don't link the outside items #see2above). This will help us with the 50/75% rule (#see3above).

5. Keep Posting: We want to see your art! If you get a little nudge from me or @mrs2a50 or your challenge host about any of these things, NO WORRIES! Do not let it discourage you. It's no biggie. Just keep on creating and keep posting and follow the guidelines. This is a community that loves scrapping & scrappers and we are serious about our passion to document our lives creatively... do not let anything stop you from that.

I think that's it for now!

Recap: Follow these guidelines.

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 2.44.23 PM.png

Don't get a PM from Jen :giggle

[​IMG]

ETA: Little tutorial on editing your photos here: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/edit-your-layout-image-in-the-gallery.46620/#post-820178 (no need to delete and re-upload... all the comments STAY)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Meg, LoveItScrapIt, bjthomas and 12 others like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

3. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Thanks JEN! That helps!

4. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Great post. Easy to understand!

5. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

6. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Great (and fun) reminder Jen! You are the Queen of gifs :D

[​IMG]

7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Thanks for posting all the rules clearly and concisely, and with animations! :giggle

jk703 likes this.
  8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

And there's this thread on how to edit your gallery image, in case you need to change something on your layout to meet the challenge requirements. That way you don't lose any of the lovely comments that may have been left for your layout.

Hope everyone is having fun with the MOC challenges. I sure do enjoy seeing all your layouts in the gallery.

9. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh how I love you Jen! @jenevang I may have snorted at the recap. Lol! Thanks for the list of rules and being so kind about helping people know what to do around here. :)

jenevang likes this.
  11. jenevang

Awesome! Thanks, ladies.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

sorry i had to laugh and i love your gif work

13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I so appreciate the note from you as I had no idea about the 250 size thing when the gallery allowed me to upload at 500+. Now I save for web everything and I have plenty more Lilypad Gallery space, and boy do I need it during MOC.

bellbird, bestcee and jenevang like this.
  14. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

Love this, Jen! You're too funny :giggle

15. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Ain't nothing that a Krispy Kreme can't fix

Thanks Jen! This was very helpful for us newbies to the forum! :goldstars

jenevang and bellbird like this.
  16. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

:bat <------- Jen! :giggle:lmao only kiddin' I :wub Jen :)

bellbird likes this.
  17. jjpederson125

jjpederson125 Well-Known Member

Ive been a space hog.....so so sorry. For some reason, I missed this big tidbit....Thank you for your help in pointing me in the right direction to stop hogging the space. :agree

18. jenevang

:giggle "space hog".

[​IMG]

It's fine and happy we caught it before your gallery was all filled up! So glad to have you here at The Lilypad! Keep on posting.

jjpederson125 likes this.
  19. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

:hide :nuno-----OH NO!!! Please don't let me get a pm from Jen!!!!!!!

Jen, this just made my day!! You have an awesome way of taking any touchy subject and just turning it into a fun thing!!! Why, I just might purposely do a NO-NO just so I can get a pm from you!!!!! HUGS!!!!!

jk703 likes this.
  20. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

Okay, so I got the "dreaded" email - :blush I had used the free Photoshop resize action and followed the steps in the thread but it seems that all of my layouts are still oversized so now I have NO idea what to do! :groanCan someone pretty please help me? Also, is there a way to see the size of my files so I know which ones to replace? Thanks in advance!:beat