How do I save a png image in PSE in the actual size of the image?

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by BevG, Feb 26, 2018.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I am a PSE 2018 newbie. I just started making the enamel pins in PSE and I am having trouble saving them. The starting image I used was large and had multiple images; I made a pin of just one of the images. How can I save just the png of my pin so that it is the size of the actual pin?

I tried duplicating my project and erasing, deleting the other stuff until I had a blank canvas with just my pin. I even found the canvas resize tool, but I could not find an easy way to tell it to make the canvas the size of the pin layer on it. My pin is flattened all onto one layer.

2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

In PS there is a trim function, but PSE doesn't seem to have that. I'm not sure if there's an easy way for you to create a selection ("marching ants") around the pin itself? If so, maybe this would help?:

Crop to a selection boundary
    Using the Crop command, you can remove the areas that fall outside the current selection. When you crop to a selection boundary, Photoshop Elements trims the image to the bounding box that contains the selection. (Irregularly shaped selections, such as those made by using the Lasso tool, are cropped to a rectangular bounding box that contains the selection.) If you use the Crop command without first making a selection, Photoshop Elements trims the image by 50 pixels from each visible edge.​
    1. Use any selection tool, such as the Rectangular Marquee tool [​IMG], to select the part of the image you want to keep.

2. Choose Image > Crop.
    (found here)

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Thanks!!! That worked.

KimJ likes this.