How do I post a link to challenge forum?

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by nanascrapper, Jan 16, 2017.

1. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

Hi. I have just posted a page in the Gallery as part of the Jan/Feb Template Challenge by Dawn Inskip. I just can't seem to post a link back to the Challenge Forum as requested. Can someone please take me through it in easy to follow steps? It was my first attempt, but if I can't conquer this it may also be my last!!!

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hi @nanascrapper ! We can't have you giving up! So let's see if I can help you out.
    When you open your layout, there's links on the right hand side. Halfway down is one that has the words "Share BB Code: " above it.
    Click in the box below it. Copy that link. (On my Windows Computer, I can right click the mouse button and choose copy).

Then paste in the challenge!

Your paste will look like this : URL=https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/dinskip_jan2017_challenge.282863/] https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/dinskip_jan2017_challenge.282863/full [/URL
    when you paste, but will change to your image when you post your reply! (I changed the spacing so you could see the code)

3. bestcee

4. nanascrapper

Thank you so much for your help. Can you just clarify that when I return to the Forum Challenge the option given is "Reply to thread"? If I paste in the box do I then click on Reply to thread or Upload image? Sorry to seem so challenged!!!!

5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Reply to thread is what you want:

If you are using the "Share BB IMG Code" by clicking on it (the whole line should be highlighted), then copy it. Then go to the forums thread hit "Reply to thread" and paste it in. You will not have to use "upload image" at all.
    Use the Preview option near the bottom of the thread you are writing to see your layout. If you can see your image - you are doing it correctly. :)

6. bestcee

@nanascrapper Looks like Jenn beat me to it above! Do you have any other questions?

7. nanascrapper

Thank you so much girls. I think I have it....finally! Just wondering why my post in the Gallery has a small empty box showing in the top left hand corner. Is this significant? Hopefully off to post another scrap. Wish me luck!

jenn mccabe, AnneofAlamo and bestcee like this.
  8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

That empty box @nanascrapper I do believe is for a photo of you. Your avatar. Click on your name at the too too add a photo You.

9. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

If you are referring to the tiny box on top of your image, you will see those on all of your own layouts in the gallery. It is a checkbox that triggers a dropdown menu to use if you need to move or delete the layout.

mcurtt likes this.
  10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@KimJ So that's what that box is for! I never knew that!

KimJ likes this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am a button pusher, and never even saw that little box...I will blame my bifocals! lol

KimJ likes this.
  12. jenn mccabe

you are all full of techy good info in last 24 hours! :)

KimJ likes this.
  13. jenn mccabe

looks good @nanascrapper! yay! :)

14. bestcee

And you got an avatar photo too! @nanascrapper Awesome! Is the photo you?