How did I NOT know!??!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by KatrinaHunt13, Apr 12, 2018.

1. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Ok, so followup to the video thread yesterday.

I HAD NO IDEA that I could screen capture video with Quicktime and then import into iMovie! WOOTT! I tried it yesterday and made little three minute clip just to play.

NOW, to learn how to edit! That's another ball of yarn that's tangled. I am so sad, there is a day class at the Apple repair center here next week. But I cannot go, because it's too busy at work for me to take off and I have another appt. scheduled that day anyway. And it looks like they only offer it once a year. Boo!

cfile likes this.
  2. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I wish I could figure that out. I have lots of videos that are 3 or 5 seconds that I would love to somehow put all together as one.

3. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

If you do it in iMovie, you need to import them and then start a project and pull them all into the project. I am still trying to figure out the editing part!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  4. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Donna, if you are okay with YouTube, you can upload the little clips and then combine them into a new video. You can edit/cut off time at the beginning or end, but you can't edit the middle. You could do the same thing with iMovie, but I've used the YouTube trick for several QR codes in my scrapbook. For example, I have a bunch of clips of DD tumbling at the gym, I upload them all and then combine them into one video. You can change the transitions between the clips, add text over it, and even add music (that's approved by YouTube so they don't mess with it.)

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Thanks for this!! I was just wondering about doing that the other day when I was uploading bunches of little clips for qr codes!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I do the same as Kimberly @enjoyyourpix ! Although sometimes last year they got rid of the YouTube editor that I used to use to combine multiple videos together. I can't remember what I've done since then or if it's back with something similar now. I do this all the time for my QR codes for my monthly review pages.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  7. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

BUMMER!! I just looked at YouTube and I guess it's gone. I loved using it for little clips. At least I have a Mac so I can use iMovie for free. It's disappointing because I'll probably spend more time fiddling with it now then just combining a couple clips on YouTube.

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I can't help with a MAC. If you have an old PC, Windows movie Maker is awesome for editing, and was free on older Windows.

enjoyyourpix likes this.