Household item panic?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Feb 20, 2017.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We don't have room for a lot of extra but we always have extra oatmeal for my husband. He eats it EVERY DAY for breakfast, and if he doesn't have any, IT IS A BIG DEAL & I obviously don't love him anymore & the world is going to end in 3... 2... 1.

:circles :circles :circles

#dramaking4lyfe #howcanheeatthatstuff #smellslikewarmvomit

Sokee, bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  2. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Okay so reading all of the responses made me stop and think that I always have Coke around the house ... ! Not diet either! LOL. Since hubs bought me a Yeti thermos for my b-day last year, I've been obsessed with Coke and ice. I buy the small bottles of Coke - fill the Yeti up with ice and am in heaven. So Coke - yep, that's ahead of dish soap for me and just never realized it!

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  3. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Oh my - I'm LOLing about your last hashtag!!!!

4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

@LeeAndra Every day for breakfast I eat either what I call a peach cobbler smoothie (peaches, bananas, oatmeal and some other stuff thrown in for good measure) or steel cut oatmeal (with cranberries, maple syrup, hemp hearts & super seed blend). The smoothie is an every day thing and the oatmeal is for bringing to the rink on the early-morning days. I literally couldn't survive without it, but I can understand your pain!

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Mine isnt even food or cleaning supplies though having diet coke, bread, cheese slices & peanut butter are high on the list.

For me the two things I need are:
    A topped up bus card - if its less than $10 left on it I must top up
    Cash on hand if I need a taxi

bestcee likes this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I put it in my rice cooker the night before...get up in am, pop some raisens, apples and cranberries in before morning shower..and the best ever..how I love steel cut oatmeal! my mom puts ricotta and lemon in hers and it is so rich and yummy

Sokee likes this.
  7. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I have to have more than 1 of almost ALL of my household items and groceries. Thankfully we have the space to store lots of Toilet paper, paper towels, groceries, etc...We buy mostly in bulk for big main things, and then groceries are generally bought when on sale, so we buy a couple of each thing! Not a hoarder, but I don't like to run out of things!

8. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Aren't rice cookers great? I always travel with mine. It's a mini one and I make everything in it!

I need to try apples sometime. It sounds really good! I put my oats on the stove the night before, let them boil a few minutes them they sit out overnight. That way I just hear them up and toss them in a thermos to eat later on. Tastes wonderful when I'm sitting at the freezing ringside for 2-1/2 hours!

9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Yep...this...

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I couldn't think of anything when I first read this thread this morning, and still couldn't for most of the time it took me to read the 28 posts above mine. But a couple posts ago, an idea came to me. I dislike running out of eggs. I eat a scrambled egg and veggie burrito almost every morning for breakfast -- I feel best when I have a protein-rich breakfast -- so I rarely run out of eggs. And if I'm about to, I might make a special trip to the store for them. Or I just eat something else because it will probably be just another day before my weekly shopping trip.

There's really nothing I'd say I panic over running out of. I shop once a week and sometimes run into the store in between times, so it's really not an issue for us. However, my kids will say there's NOTHING TO EAT a day or two before I go grocery shopping. (Really just their favorite foods are consumed because they can't make them last all week.) :P

11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I hate running out of milk, because I drink orange tea with milk. Sadly that happens. However I always have boxes of orange tea on hand, at least three.

12. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Zep Purple, Simple Green, and Windex are must-haves here for sure! I buy them all by the gallon (or whatever size Sam's or Home Depot has). And vinegar, too- I use it in place of fabric softener in the laundry, and the clothes come out so soft and smell so fresh!

I don't really get twitchy if I run low on anything, but that's probably because I buy in bulk a lot in the first place.

13. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Luandry soap, toilet paper & coffee- the three things we buy the most at Costco! ;) As soon as I pull the 'spare' from the cupboard, it goes on the shopping list! :)

14. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Coffee... sugar too. And 5 min ago I would have said that was all, but I have just put load of washing on,and in my cupboard I have 6 laundry soaps and 3 fabric softners guess I don't want to run out,we are only 2 people LoL.
    My hubby thing is Tomato paste...

15. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Orange juice - I need it in the morning like most other people like coffee. Unfortunately my DIL to be and my sons bf tend to drink it and don't replace it - I get very cranky...

Our local petrol station has a constant special on toilet paper, my husband quite often comes home with 40 (!!!) rolls every time he fills up his car - you can't miss out on a bargain. We could build a wall with it - it is stashed everywhere - Safe to say we are in no danger of running out anytime soon...

Lindzee likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Diet Coke for me, and milk for the boys. I also can't send my hubby to the store if we run out of anything because he is incapable of buying just one. He always buys two and then the extra one goes in the pantry and is promptly forgotten.

17. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

My hubby would say Diet Mtn Dew for him, and I would say toliet paper and gasoline are tops on my list. I like to keep my car on the top half of the tank and I hate running out of toliet paper. I buy the BIG 36 roll packs of toliet paper at Sam's Club. I put 9 rolls in each of my 4 bathrooms and keep another 36 pack in the storage closet. I get twitchy when someone leaves an empty toliet paper roll on the hook and I get after the family if they don't tell me, they put on the last one.

18. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Meds. Toilet paper. Paper towels. Peanut butter and Bread. ROFL

19. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Umm... Everything?? I shop in bulk, which helps me a lot. When I was a kid, we ran out of pretty much everything one time, and my mom had to ship me off to stay with my grandparents until payday. So, that has created a bit of a stockpile mentality that I can't really get away from. But, it's really ok. I also used to work in a bakery at a restaurant and we had a build to list and it was how we figured out what to make each day. So, that is how I run my shopping list. I build to at least this many of each item. So, I try my best not to actually run out of anything if I can help it...

Plus, with fostering, I always have extra toothbrushes, toothpaste, and a few other items that are just always here...

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

20. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Ain't nothing that a Krispy Kreme can't fix

Coca Cola, Milk, Loaf Bread, Cheese, TP, PT, Mayo, Mac N Cheese