Household item panic?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Feb 20, 2017.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Is there a household item that you panic about if you get too low? Something you always have extra on hand of?

My item is dish soap - and I don't even really know why because I use the dishwasher most of the time - but if the (regular) dish soap bottle is less than 1/2 full I make sure I have another on hand!

What's the "household thing" you always make sure to have on hand?

LoveItScrapIt and jesskab like this.
  2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Toilet paper... I'm a freak about having a stockpile of it! I currently only have four rolls in the laundry room and it's making my twitchy (even though we're that low because I just restocked all of the bathrooms with three extra rolls).

keepscrappin and catgoddess like this.
  3. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I'm not alone with my toilet paper. There are two of us and if we have less than 20 rolls, I freak out.

tkradtke likes this.
  4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Prescription refills. All ours are on auto-fill, except when the current prescription expires and I don't realize it until one runs out. Then it's at least a 3-day wait to get it in stock. It's happened more than once.

Other than that, chocolate. I kid you not.

keepscrappin and JillW like this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I think I'm TP and PT.... otherwise my go to cleaner, Green Works. I don't really freak, but I just have to have an abundance that is not normal. If I don't, it will sit in my mind until I add to my stash. (Like right now... I need Green Works).

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have been buying in bulk now for so many years. I am now trying to actually cut back!
    but cleaning supplies I love them!
    WE are spring cleaning. I cleared out a closet yesterday (cleaning supplies). I had 5 almost empty bottles of lots of things. I combined like products, and tossed over 25 spray bottles! yikes...I now buy one large gallon of Zap purple for grease and another bleach for bathroom and refill. Vinegar for carpets and I steam the floors. Windex is my weakness! I hate when I don't have that blue stuff!
    My daughter is freaky if we run low on top Ramen? lol, she and the boys eat it like candy, so it is always stocked up!

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Butter, Flour and Sugar. Sigh. I get twitchy when I'm down to the last 1/4 of the 5 gallon bucket. I think because in my mind, I can always make food if there is butter, flour and sugar in the house.

My munchkin gets twitchy if there's less than 1/2 gallon of milk in the house! Even though that will last a day or two, he worries we'll run out.

AliSarah and keepscrappin like this.
  8. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Coffee, heave whipping cream, toilet paper, paper towels, and trash bags...in that order LOL

9. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Of course toilet paper & paper towels.
    The funny thing is, I usually have the makings for s'mores & pizza. My kids live for pizza & we all love marshmallows. The kids were making cheese pizza just now. My husband says "Is there enough for a 2nd one?", I threw on some Ikea Swedish meatballs, sliced mushrooms, rosemary, oregano, basil, & Parmesan. It was so good! I'll be making that one again. Other things always on hand are tea light candles, crescent dough, Bisquick, soup, & packets of instant mashed potatoes.

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

11. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

dishwasher detergent!! I HATE washing dishes!! Seriously, though, I always like to have salsa, tortilla chips, stuff for my mochas. I usually am stocked up on TP, paper towels too.

12. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

chicken soup (with rice or noodles), lol. Roomie has tp thing and his wife stockpiles frozen meat. Odd ducks all are we :)

jesskab likes this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

this was my first thought - then milk! (but mostly it's petrol/ gas in the car - i can't let that get below 1/4 tank even if that'll get me 200km and the nearest petrol station is about 5mins from home, it's the distance between petrol stops completely off and into towns and the thought of being stuck on the motorway to school or back that makes me paranoid!)

QuiltyMom likes this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

LOL good answer (she says while drinking 2nd cup for the day)

15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Gasoline for sure, as well as TP, and bananas for the hubby.

People here freak when the s-word, ice, or h-word are mentioned and buy all the bread and milk. I thinking why? Me, I need my TP. We are trying not to eat bread and almost no one drinks milk any more. Okay, we needs lots of half-n-half but regular milk - no.

keepscrappin and Lindzee like this.
  16. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

Creamer, chocolate PB2, Braggs brewers yeast, and Diet Coke :)

17. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

I miss my s'mores. I used to make them with honey peanut butter. So good.

jesskab likes this.
  18. renee82

renee82 renee82

Coffee and Peanut butter! lol! But coffee especially! hahaha!

19. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Pretty much everything needs to have a backup. I'm particularly crazy about TP, PT, laundry pods, soap, personal care items (makeup, deodorant, etc.).

And there ALWAYS needs to be Diet Pepsi.

keepscrappin and JillW like this.
  20. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

My son created breakfast s'mores with apple slices, honey, & marshmallow, so good!

AllisonPennington likes this.