Hi from Central Florida

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by ColorMeScrappy, Feb 7, 2017.

1. ColorMeScrappy

ColorMeScrappy New Member

Hi, my name is Dawn and I live in central Florida, about 30-45 min from Disney World, depending on traffic.
    I am married to my soulmate, who was an MP in the Army and is now an elementary school teacher, and I am a stay-at-home-mom of 3 kids. Our son is 19 (20 in 4 days) and is going to college to be a chef. He had epilepsy and is currently waiting to have surgery on his knee due to a severed ACL and MCL. We have twin daughters, both in 11th grade, and they will be graduating a year early. One has epilepsy, autism and adhd, among other medical conditions and the other has asthma and problems with her heart. Taking care of them and their medical conditions is why we chose for me to stay home.
    I started doing digital scrapbooking in 2011 and unfortunately have had to take many breaks due to medical issues. I am glad to have found the Lilypad and hope to make a new home. I enjoy taking part in challenges and wish that I would visited sooner for the MOC.

MrsPeel likes this.
  2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Dawn, and welcome to the Lilypad! I'm so glad you found us! Love your signature, it is so fun!

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hi Dawn! Welcome to TLP! I hope you jump in and join in our February Challenges! :)

4. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Welcome to The Pad!! I think you'll find it a wonderful place to call digi home! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and some scrapping time is probably much needed! Can't wait to see your pages in the gallery.

5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Welcome to TLP! I have relative that live in Central Florida - Micanopy and Gainesville.

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Welcome to TLP Dawn! There are still a lot of challenges the rest of the year -- 8 site challenges and many designer challenges every month -- to keep you very busy scrapping. :)

7. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Welcome Dawn, lovely to have you here.
    the Lilypad is an amazing place to call home, loads of chats and ways to connect, be encouraged and bless others.

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome, Dawn!! We're so happy to have you here!

9. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome Dawn ... good luck to your son as he starts college. A chef! That sounds like there might be nice benefits involved for family in that! :) YUM! And I agree w/Heather ... your siggy is so fun, bright and colorful. It feels like you are sending some Florida sunshine to all of us! :)

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Hi Dawn & Welcome to the Lily Pad! My parents used to live in Merritt Island next to cocoa... I liked it there when they lived there. There are a lot of challenges here and also chats and slow and speed scraps.. the community is great and there is always something going on! Glad you found us!!

12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Welcome Dawn!!! Thank you for your family's service to our country! There is always next years MOC!

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome Dawn! So glad that you found us here and hopefully you'll love it so much that you'll stick around and be able to play with MOC next year. :)

15. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello Dawn! Welcome to The Lilypad!

16. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Welcome from another Floridian! I am in the panhandle but have traveled the road to WDW many many times, haha!

17. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Welcome to The Lilypad. So glad you found us and introduced yourself. I've always wanted to leave close to WDW... lucky girl!

18. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Hi Dawn! Welcome to TLP! I'm so glad you've found us and hope you will feel right at home!! You can practice doing the challenges throughout 2017 so you'll be all geared up for MOC next year :-)!!!

I'm anxious to watch your TLP gallery grow here!

19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi and welcome! Yes, you missed MOC but never fear....there is always inspiration and fun here! Check the monthly challenges, come chat with us and peruse the gallery.

20. sabrinavc

sabrinavc Designer

Welcome to The Lilypad!