Help with Photoshop Elements viewing size....thanks!

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by michele hillam, Jan 20, 2017.

1. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

upload_2017-1-19_22-8-54.png
    I have a problem with the size of my app on my laptop screen...this is the only app that does this (photoshop elements 13). I have tried customer service at Adobe, but they do not "support" elements. Any suggestions? My old eyes are having a hard time reading the small font! I apologize if this isn't appropriate upload_2017-1-19_22-8-54.png , just lt me know and I can delete if needed.

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

No don't delete, the element gurus will come to your rescue, I am perplexed.

3. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I can hardly read it but I think there is a "View" menu in the black bar. Have you tried that? I don't use PSE But it's what Ii use in paintshop. Oops I misread the question I tried to look it up on the adobe forum but need to know Windows or Mac like Bestcee said. and even then I could really find a fix. Hopefully more elements users will see this tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Dang it. I know how to fix your layers panel so the elements look bigger, but not the top bar.

Are you on Windows? Or Mac?

5. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

On full Photoshop in Preferences > Interface, there is a setting for the UI text size, but it doesn't seem to affect everything, so even with it set to Large, some things are getting harder for me to read. I'm not sure if Elements has the same option, or if it would solve the problem if it does, but that's what I'd look for first.

There are general overall display settings you could change that would likely help, but if Elements is the only thing you're having trouble with, other things might look too big if you changed the display settings.

Sorry, that probably doesn't help at all, but I can empathize with your frustration. :confused:

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Windows, I figured out how to zoom the screen, but I have to do this everytime I go in and out of the program. My other programs are then much too big. Thank you for searching!

7. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Just seeing this... I've had the same problem in PSE14 on windows 10 on my 15 inch laptop. It was fine on windows 7 on my 17 inch laptop. I think it's a combination of my eyes getting old and the older PSE not playing nice with windows 10. My PS CC is plenty big enough to see all the menus.

Like you I've never been able to permanently fix it in PSE14 on windows 10. However, I have found that I can click the windows key and + to temporarily zoom in and then windows key and escape to zoom back out. It's not ideal but does work. I also use that little zooming trick to see products and photos in my windows file folders. Sorry, I don't know of a better fix besides getting a bigger laptop.

8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

oh wait! I just tried what Kim suggested about the UI text size and it works in PSE14... although it makes everything in PSE really BIG and the working area smaller!
    Click on Edit > Preferences > Display and Cursors > UI scale factor Large -200% > OK
    It will seem like nothing changed. EXIT PSE and then open it again. It might ask you to accept the license agreement again and then when you go in it will be a lot bigger and some things may be cut off at the bottom. Give it a try and see if that'll work for you.