HELP!!!! Some photos won't open 'parsing problem'

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by chickypow, Jul 13, 2016.

1. chickypow

chickypow All I need is my gun, and my blankie

Lately I've been having quite a few photos not open in photoshop (CS5). This is the error message I get:

parsing.JPG
    Has anyone run into this before??? And if so is there a fix? I really want to use these photos!!

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I have ... I think I had to open in another program ... Adobe Acrobat ... and just saved them differently ... as a PDF or PNG or something .... then I was able to open that newly saved file in PS. I haven't seen it since I've been using PS CC ... but that's what I recall I did (memory is a little off lately though) :)
    try it and see if it works ...
    Or maybe someone else has a alternate answer?

Danyale and chickypow like this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Did it work for you?

I've had that when somehow the photo corrupted itself. Or if the extension (.jpeg) got renamed.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I just had that happen to me on some photos my dd took on her iphone. It gave them a .png extension. I haven't been able to get them to open. I was wondering if it had something to do with iphone live photos but havent had time to find any answers. I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone has the answer.

5. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

For me it was also a naming issue and then another time I also had a build up of non-essential stuff in my "Save in Organizer" in PSE.
    I Didn't realize I didn't need to save everything - at the time, about 8 years ago - I had to go clean that out. No more issues for either fix. :)

6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Changing the file extension to .jpg worked for some of mine... THANKS Courtney!

bestcee likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Pretty much all screenshots save as .png on my Android phone. I don't use iphone live photos, but that might be the problem? Maybe it's not configured to read .png?