Hello from Maine!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by KairynLisa, Apr 28, 2017.

1. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

Hello there!
    I've been peeking in and out of the forum/gallery this week, and decided I should introduce myself! I scrapped and CT'd for ScrapMatters and several designers a few years back... then they closed, we moved away and back (May/June 2014), my mom got diagnosed with Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer (she passed away Nov. 7, 2015)... but life is settling down now and I have been looking for a place that feels like home again. I'm happy to be here! Thanks for all the kind comments on my LOs! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!
    Blessings!
    *Ü*
    Kairyn

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hello there! Love you're siggy and i see you've made yourself at home in the gallery too! So good to see after so much that has happened to you, I'm glad you found us and have found a home again. I remember ScrapMatters - i thiiiiink that's where Sahlin Studio & Fiddle DeeDee started and they're here too @sahlink @gonewiththewind You're getting back just in time for iNSD (there's a blog hop on now - click the link at the top of the page to go to TLP's blog and start collecting some freebies and having fun :) Holler if you need anything

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

A huge welcome. Scrap matters was my first scrapping home. You may remember Alamoma? She is my real life beasties. She designed under pressed petals. Anywho. Welcome to the pad. I hope you feel comfy and enjoy.

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Ps. My mom is from Ellsworth.

5. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Hi! You will love it here....I sure do!

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. KairynLisa

Thank you for the warm welcome! Yes... I know Krista and Olivia's mom ;)
    I'm also familiar with Amber LaBau, Bella Gypsy and Forever Joy was there at the end as well. SM was an awesome community and it was so hard to see it go. I'm looking forward to making a new home!

bellbird and gonewiththewind like this.
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Welcome to TLP! Glad you joined us. I remember Scrap Matters from yrs ago.

8. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello Kairyn and welcome to the lilypad!

9. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Kairyn, hello and I remember you from ScrapMatters. I think we may have been on Chelle's team together too. I'm sorry about your mom. I'm so glad you are making TLP you new home.

10. KairynLisa

Yes! I remember you too! I was on Chelle's team... so we might have been on it together - so hard to remember. But I see more and more friends from SM here and I'm so happy to see everyone!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

bellbird likes this.
  11. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Welcome, so glad you are seaching out a new scrap home again. We have a great family here, a lot like I remember SM being, so I hope you find it a as warm. :)

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hey @KairynLisa ! Yes, I'm Olivia's mom . . . She doesn't scrap anymore. She's twenty and in college. So glad to have you back scrapping, but I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing.

@bellbird I didn't start at SM. I started at The Digichick and then had a secondary store at SM for a few months before the closed. Just FYI.

bellbird likes this.
  13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Kairyn!!!! It's so good to see you! I was wondering what happened to you. I'm so sorry about your mom. Pancreatic cancer is just the worst. But I'm glad you're back!

14. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Welcome to the Pad!! We're so glad to have you here.

15. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

Hello and welcome to TLP, Kairyn!

16. KairynLisa

Jan! (((BIG HUG))) It's so nice to see you also! I'm so happy to be scrapping again! It's starting to feel like home here! I'm loving the challenges and the blog hop was a ton of fun! Can't wait to see what's next! :)

17. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi Kairyn!! So glad to have you here! I remember Scrap Matters fondly. I was on the CT there for a little while before they closed after winning Queen of Scrap and I CT'd for a couple of designers there. You will love it here!! Glad it's already starting to feel like home!! Looking forward to all your pages and I adore your siggie!!

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome Kairyn - so glad to have you here and hope you are enjoying the return to scrapping again. :)

19. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

welcome to the pad!

20. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Hi Kairyn! I'm glad that you've introduced yourself and hope you find TLP your new "home sweet home". I am sorry to hear about your Mom ... it's never easy ... ! Scrap Matters was my favorite "home" before it closed! I hope you enjoy your TLP stay!