Heartbreaking news...no not a person, a store!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cookingmylife, Apr 14, 2018.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thank you all for feeling my pain! :hissy Sometime in the next month I'll have to go visit my daughter on the Eastern Shore & include a trip to the outlets over in DE. NO tax there.

Ok let me check your comments...good for tee-shirts. Anyone bout ones at Kohls? brand?

Old Navy
    Eddie Bauer
    Walmart (Time and True brands)

btw, there are 2 Walmarts near-ish to me and one is definitely close to a Ghetto-mart despite being in a middle class area. The other one is good and has a Sam's in the same shopping center so the store isn't over crowded. But while both are 20 miles away, they're easily 30 min with normal traffic.

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I have bought some at Kohls. They are ok. Sometimes they have weird shapes though ... like a pear or inverted triangle, or they have weird curvy cut bottom seems. Depends on what you like. But I'm not down with that for my T shirts! I just like a good old fashioned straight bottom seem.

BevG likes this.
  3. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I just heard yesterday that our Costco will be moving from a location in town to out by our airport which is quite a bit further for me to drive. It was bad enough already!

4. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

BWAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! How about three hours!!! Oh ok, we have a small Walmart and that's IT. KMart closed last year. Nearest Cosco, three hours away in Saginaw area. For national stores here in Alpena, we have Walmart and Home Depot. For national restaurant chains----an Applebee's. Everything else are small local stores consisting of two small groceries stores. Oh wait, we Do have Dollar General and Dollar Tree. YEAH!!!! We have three rather nice local restaurants, then the usual like McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's. You find them EVERYWHERE!!!! I LOVE country living!!!! My girlfriends and I usually make a trip to Saginaw about 3 to 4 times a year to stock up. There is a HUGE discount mall and other malls and every store you can think of is there. My favorite stop is Bath and Body Works where I stock up to get me through till our next trip.

5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Sometimes, I have a weird shape so maybe those tees are for me! LOL

@NancyP I know for sure I'm happy to live in the greater DC/Baltimore metro area, despite the traffic. But hey, I did my time...living in countries where you had to ship some of the things you needed for the next full year. No 'shipee' , no havee...

btw fwiw, before moving from the US to Africa I determined that we used one roll of toilet paper per week per toilet. I don't know how that seemed to stay constant with 2 adults and 3 children but my tallying was accurate!

jenn mccabe and BevG like this.