Hands up those have have spilled something on their laptop!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by wombat146, Mar 24, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Mine did too....when my munchkin was a baby! He always chewed on them. Grrr.

bellbird likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I haven't. I have one of those cup holders that attaches to the desk, and i used to be awesome at always putting my drink in it. I've been slacking and leaving it on the desk, but no more after this warning!

Tree City, bellbird and enjoyyourpix like this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

So far no liquid on the laptop, but salt and popcorn and dog hair, did I mention dog hair? Oh, and some ants.

I did spill a whole iced tea on a keyboard at work. Since support replaced it, I don't know if they were able to resurrect it or not.

BTW - depending on your laptop of course, you can replace the entire keyboard fairly easy and cheap. I did that once with my previous laptop as the keyboard went spastic (all kinds of keys acting like I had touched them). It was $13 and I found a video that told me exactly how to do it. Oh, and we (him and me) replaced the keyboard in my son's brand new laptop under warranty when portions of it did not work. So yeah, go for it.

@bellbird - Yes, the rice trick works for cell phones. Mine dove into the toilet and the rice worked! Now, when hubby took his down the water slide at the water park - nope, too gone for even rice to resurrect. I think it was because mine was only in there a second or two at best, while his spent maybe a minute in water.

bellbird likes this.
  4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

No Not ME!!! but him? twice on two different MacBooks. I actually suspect it may have happened other times because his U shaped desk is a frickin mess of papers and most anything else you can name. In other words almost no level surface. ugh. I know with one MBPro we tried putting it in the oven with the Proof air setting on for a day or two. No luck. He swears he replaced all the guts himself but I am almost positive he just got a new (reconditioned) one to replace it. I avoid his office as much as I can if you knim.

I no longer have a laptop (my life is sooo rough!) and it's kind of hard to spill anything in an iMac. This is the main reason I really try to keep my desk clear and the 3 EHDS are kind of behind the iMac but in a spot where I can see that the lights are on. I have also have them on one of those plastic coated wire shelves that Walmart sells so they are about 3 inches above the desk surface.

bellbird likes this.
  5. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Sorry!!! Never me... but I don't have a laptop. You know those silicone baggie things that come in products you buy? Most people throw them out. I just read the others day that you should keep them all in a ziplock bag and one great use for them is for electronic that have liquid spilled on them, that it works way better than rice.

wombat146 and bellbird like this.