Greetings from So Cal!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by AliSarah, Dec 16, 2016.

1. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Hi There! My name is Sarah and I live in a little place smooshed between Mickey (Disneyland) and Snoopy (Knott's Berry Farm)! I am a full time wife and mom. I have a daughter who is 21 and has made me a Grandma, so I have a grandson who is about 1 and a half. I also have a son who is 3 and a half, and was recently diagnosed with autism.

I spend my days cleaning, driving, and wishing I had more time for Scrapbooking! This is why I am super excited to join you all and try out the MOC! I think it will really help me carve out a time for scrapping again!! Just in case you didn't think I was busy enough, hubby and I are almost done with all the steps to become foster parents. Our plan in that regard is to hopefully adopt a sibling group so that they can stay together. It's hard when you have a group of siblings to get placements together so they are often separated.

Anyhow, that's a small peek into who I am. I used to digi design back in the day, but I am mostly just scrapping these days. I am a template scrapper in general, just because it speeds things up! I use PSCS6 to scrap, and also use a few other programs, like Art Rage and stuff... I scrap on my desktop, because hubby thought a touch screen laptop would be great. I did too, until my son realized he could make me stop what I was doing by touching the screen. So, I gave that up, lol...

Anyhow, nice to meet you all!!
    Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

p.s. I'm married to the squiggles, I always use them and sometimes I draw them in when I sign my name with a pen, lol...

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Sarah....we are gonna have to cut back on something for MOC! tee hee

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome, Sarah!! So glad to have you here and you will really enjoy MOC. Some of most favorite layouts of all time have come from those challenges! Sounds like you are a busy lady and how wonderful of you and DH to be looking in to fostering a sibling group. All the best to you and your family!

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Hi Sarah! I'm a third generation native of southern California (San Diego to be exact). Alas, I broke the chain! Since 2000 (when I was 29) I've been living in Virginia. But my parents are still in the house in San Diego where I lived from age 18 months to 24 years. From 24 - 29 I lived in Studio City (9 months, my husband's bachelor pad) and Glendale. My brother is still in CA too, in Temecula. My sister moved out of state like me though, to Texas.

I look forward to hearing more of your story about adopting a sibling group. That's fantastic!

Welcome to TLP! I've only been active here for a year, but it quickly became my digiscrap home during MOC, which was wonderful because I'd been without a digiscrap home for a few years. I love TLP :love

5. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Welcome to The Lilypad, Sarah!

6. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Welcome, Sarah! And I dittto what @AnneofAlamo says...you may need to halt all cleaning henceforth. Too many other things to do..scrap, hang out, scrap. Repeat. Haha!

Karen likes this.
  7. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Sarah and welcome to the Lilypad! So glad you are looking forward to MOC, it is going to be so much fun!

8. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

What a warm welcome!! :D It's great to meet you all!

My son goes to preschool, so I do have almost 4 whole hours every weekday to myself! It's pretty awesome!! He just started last month but I think I like it more than he does, lol!!

I think the MOC is going to be just what I need to get myself back into a good artistic rhythm! It's sad that he is 3 and a half and I have stalled out after just finishing his 6 month old page for his baby book... I have scrapped a Christmas card every year though, so that's something, lol!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

bestcee and bellbird like this.
  9. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

10. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

11. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Welcome Sarah. Sounds like you have your hands full. How fun that uncle and nephew are going to be almost of the same age.
    It's going to be my first MOC, too, I am excited.

12. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Hi Sarah! Welcome to TLP - I'm super happy that you're going to take part in MOC and can't wait to see your pages!

It sounds like your life is filled with wonderful blessings!! Good luck with the final steps and finding foster "kiddos"!! Keep us posted!!

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Welcome Sarah! If you need to find your mojo for scrapping again.....MOC will be just the thing for you! Everyone here is so excited for it to start. Checking each day to see what the new challenge will be, often learning new techniques, sharing your pages in the gallery and hanging out with all of us....you will definitely be inspired and have loads of fun!

14. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi Sarah and welcome to TLP! I am a grandma to 8 and live in Australia on a small property and have been digi scrapping since late 2008. It sounds like you are super busy so hooray for some time to scrap!! Just holler if you need a hand with anything! :)

15. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Welcome to The Pad, Sarah. So glad you have joined us. :)

16. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Welcome Sarah. Happy to see you here. MoC is great,not only for scrapping but also for getting to know everyone a bit better. There will be a lot of support too if you are stuck ,so you could not have chosen a b better month to start.

17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Wow sounds like great plans to expand your family & it sounds like u live in an amazing place (wish i was closer to any Disney!) I'm another of the Aussie's here & another MOC fan - it certainly helps u prioritise scrapping!

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome Sarah!

MOC is awesome for creating a groove for scrapping. 1 challenge a day meant I had to carve out time, and you know what they say - 21 days to create a habit!

19. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Hi Sarah - welcome to TLP and it's so great to hear you are going to join us for MOC. I can't believe it is just 2 weeks away! Gah - crazy! But fun and exciting. It definitely does sound like you have your hands full - and I loved reading that you are looking to foster a sibling group. That is simply awesome! Welcome! :)