?Greeting Card Cardstock

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bcgal00, Aug 1, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've always used Stampin Up cardstock for my greeting cards but my rep moved away and maybe this is the time to look at other options. Does anyone have a recommendation in Canada or USA for heavy cardstock suitable for greeting cards? I think SU paper is 80 lb weight which always seemed a bit flimsy to me for cards. I'm not worried about a wide variety of colors b/c with my hybrid cards I mostly use white or neutrals.

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  2. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Gina K Designs Cardstock is a heavier weight that would be a good base. Also Core'dinations Premium Cardstock is really good for stamping and card making. It's also easy to blend colored pencils with gamsol on the Core'dinations. You can get it on sale all the time at JoAnn's. It's 110 lb also.

I am a "white" card base girl myself!! LOL

bcgal00 likes this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@KatrinaHunt13 Thx Katrina! I'll pop into Joannes and see if they have it. I looooove pencils and gamsol :)

4. KatrinaHunt13

I just started "coloring" and this cardstock is amazing for it. No "pilling" while blending!!!! Here's one of the cards I colored...and I made mistakes trust me!!!

Cards_Waffleflower_Thermoweb_DecoFoil_Shaker_Card_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2.jpg

MrsGaramer, bestcee and jenn mccabe like this.
  5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@KatrinaHunt13 Love it....so cute! It makes me want to sit down and make some cards LOL. My scrap table is full of paper work right now and I've sworn off card making until I get all my tax stuff taken care of but soon it'll all be going to the accountant and I can get back to cluttering up my table with card making supplies :) I'll look for that paper this wkend and if they don't carry it at our store, I'll see if I can order some online.

If you like pencils and gamsol....do you like copics? That's my next favorite.

6. KatrinaHunt13

Oh the Copics! No! LOL I do have the Chameleon markers and those I do like, although I haven't used them very much. They have the graduated color all in one marker. Have you seen them???

bcgal00 likes this.
  7. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Lawn Fawn (disclaimer- I'm on their creative team) has great cardstock. It's 100lb stock, so it has a nice weight to it. For white cardstock, I use Neenah Solar White in 110lb- I just order it by the ream from The Paper Mill Store.

I like pencils, but not with gamsol and Copics, but not blended together. I know- crazy! I just can't ever get those techniques to work for me, though I'm amazed at how awesome other people are at it! My favorite thing to do when coloring is to lay down a base color with a Copic marker and then add shading with 1-2 coordinating pencil shades. It's the quickest and least frustrating coloring that I've come up with.

Here are a couple of cards that I used the Copic/pencil combination on:

MelissaStinson_WildForYou_StitchedCloudBackdrops_ScallopedBoxCard1.jpg

LoveYaBunches_MelissaStinson.jpg

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@KatrinaHunt13 No, haven't seen those markers. I've had to put myself on a buying freeze for awhile b/c I need to start using the stuff I have. It's just too easy to buy markers, pens, pencils, etc....but you know I'm going to go check them out now LOL

9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@scrappyjedi Melissa, your cards are adorable! I've never used the markers and pencils together. Your blending looks great!

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@scrappyjedi I checked their website out and might try out some of the paper. Thx for the recommendation. I think 110 lb will work better for me than the 80 lb paper I use now.

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I use the Neenah paper too and just order it from Amazon... I usually get the 110 lb for card too.

Your cards are so adorable @KatrinaHunt13 and @scrappyjedi

bbymks5, bcgal00 and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

bcgal00 likes this.
  13. jenn mccabe

is there anything you don't do?! wow! that bone banner is adorable! :beat

14. KatrinaHunt13

BAWWHAAAA!!! Housework, cooking, cleaning...uh... LOL

That bone banner is a die that came with the stamps....I cut foam adhesive and then put the foil on the foam adhesive! LOL

patsyt and jenn mccabe like this.
  15. jenn mccabe

16. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Another Neenah fan here for card bases.

bcgal00 likes this.
  17. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

Adorable cards!!!! I'm missing making things with my hands :( darn kids taking up my scrap space! When I get to do hands on work I also use Neenah paper.