Got Words? | Journaling Mini-workshop Week Two - 4.25.16

Discussion in 'Journaling and Storytelling' started by scrapsandsass, Apr 25, 2016.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Thank you to everyone who participated last week. I appreciate your words, your cooperation, and your bravery. It was wonderful.

I'm going to be posting the next week's info and exercises, but it looks like it will be delayed until tomorrow. I've been in the process of switching over computers, and everything is sort of trapped in this weird limbo. I have to re-install things and am part way through the process, but can't get to what I need. My hubby went out of town today for work and took his computer, and I'm waiting for my daughter to get home and unlock hers while mine is in perma-install.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, or anyone else wants to share pages they've created, please ask or share!

2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Hopefully I'll have one tomorrow. And I started a great therapeutic poem that alas won't be shared, but was a great help to me. Good luck with the computer.

scrapsandsass and BevG like this.
  3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I'll have a page today, I'm trying to figure out the best way to get some photos that aren't too dark.

scrapsandsass likes this.
  4. scrapsandsass

5. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

:-) Excellent. I have to think awhile on this assignment and probably pullout my thesaurus.

6. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Ok - here is mine...

Frozen Morning

The crisp blue sky belies subzero temperatures

Artic air prickles against my bare cheeks

Frigid breath hangs in the still atmosphere

My boots crunch loudly across the crusty surface

A creeping polar vortex invades my being

The car door is frosted stuck

Frozen fingers burn as I struggle to pull it open

Warm soon I hope

I exhale and lacey snow crystals sprout across the windshield

As the car warms I hold my body in a tight huddle against the cold

Shivering, I am afraid to touch the steering wheel

Finally I can go

Off to work on another winter morning

mcurtt likes this.
  7. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Power words, I love that thought! Thanks for an inspiring lesson, Kimberlee!

8. scrapsandsass

Wow!!!!! That is amazing!!! :) There are so many great word choices here! I completely loved "sprout across the windshield" because it is just perfection! It is a great image that is unique and original. So much goodness. You have the mind of a poet. :)

Lindzee likes this.
  9. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

I ran on rather alot for this exercise. Narrowed it down to a few sentences and then redid it all. Came up with this:

Late. Late for an important date. Well, almost late. Go. Now. The slippage of memory haunts my days. No worse. No better. Unaccustomed still. Years I've strived. Fingered strings. Posted notes. Laminated lists. Alarms in multiple sounds, shrill, loud, flashed. Yet there I sit. Distracted. Torn. Rushed. Finish this before that. Except I forget . . . That (or this) slips into the past. Late.

TLP-Got-Words-Mini-WKshop-001-2.jpg

Paula Kesselring's Old Recipes kit, Child's Play kit & A la Poursuite du Bonheur Bundle
    Lynne Marie's Tattered Overlays

scrapsandsass and mcurtt like this.
  10. scrapsandsass

That is wonderful. I love the short sentences that really gives you the pacing and rapid-fire feeling. Just perfect. And I love the animals! :)