Got Words? | Journaling Mini-workshop Final Week (3) 5.2.16

Discussion in 'Journaling and Storytelling' started by scrapsandsass, May 2, 2016.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Mylinn likes this.
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

This isn't related to this week's but I was trying to do a poem about walking in lilac gardens. How would you describe the smell of lilacs. To me they are so unique lilac is all that comes to mind except words like sweet, fragrant, etc.

3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Thank you Kimberlee. I have enjoyed this workshop so much.

Our local English paper did some tv adds to generate subscriptions, which closely matched the ideas you give us in the last handout. The last visual of each was Words Matter in the font of the paper headline. It was very powerful. The add would first spell out a news item then begin swapping or erasing words until the message was completely different. - I actually really liked them.

Now I am off to ply this idea into my words...

scrapsandsass likes this.
  4. scrapsandsass

Maybe spicy... or hint of spice. I love the smell, but it can be sort of heavy or enveloping... maybe intoxicating. I am not good with figuring out smells.

Here's what I found when I Googled... ehow says "Most people think of common lilacs (Syringa vulgaris) when they consider lilac fragrance, but the scent varies, depending on the lilac variety -- from heady and sweet to spicy and intense."

5. scrapsandsass

I'm so glad!

I think that sounds like a really interesting campaign. Cool!

I'm excited to see what you might come up with. :)

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@scrapsandsass Are you going to keep this opened for a bit? Life has gotten in my way. I've printed out all of your downloads (thank you VERY MUCH), and I've even gone so far as to start an AJ page with my one and only poem attempt from week 1. But that is where I sit...

scrapsandsass likes this.
  7. scrapsandsass

@mcurtt Yes... they will remain up. No rush. :) I should have planned it better and left more time before NSD too. LOL.

mcurtt likes this.
  8. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

TLP-Got-Words-Mini-WKshop-002-3.jpg
    I took both poems and lined them up, then picked out a few words. Tried this with a real book and kept trying to edit myself too much, sigh. Practise is in order, wheee.

Paula Kesselring's Over the Rainbow paint splats
    Vicky Stegall paper

9. scrapsandsass

Wow... that's great. I love your technique and the words you selected. Yay for doing it!!! It does require some practice... or maybe some really juicy books/pages to start with. I love National Geographic magazines for this sort of thing because they use interesting language. :)