Girl on the Train

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Apr 20, 2016.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Have you guys seen the trailer for the movie? If you haven't read the book... you have just under six months to finish before the movie hits the big screen. :)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Thanks for sharing. I just finished reading this and was wondering which actors would be picked.

3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Wh's in it. I'll watch the trailer...

4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I watched it on my phone with the volume turned down. It looks like it wasn't shot in the UK. I also don't like Emily Blunt as Rachael but we will have to see. Maybe I will watch again later.

bellbird likes this.
  5. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

:furious
    [rant]Don't even talk to me about this movie. Emil;y Blunt is NOT Rachel
    not to me, not to Danica, not to anyone who read the book properly
    Also, it does NOT represent London or the pictures of the area Paula whathersname describes in the book....

It really REALLLY annoys me when movies do that with books.
    sorry, but I have to be vocal about this [/rant over]

:giggle

6. scrapsandsass

So sorry it is upsetting. :)

I hate when they do that to books too. Or when they make movies/shows that are set in Seattle yet the physical setting is impossible. Watching 11.22.63 has been hard for me because I loved the book so much and there is so much that has been changed to create the mini-series. Most of Stephen King's movies have been a disappointment because no one really does them justice (other than Shawshank Redemption & The Green Mile). I really liked The Shining, which I saw before I read the book, but Stephen King hated it. LOL.

I guess the idea of Emily as Rachel didn't bother me so much because I didn't really have an image in my mind of her (or if I did, it has been long enough that I can't remember). I just remember that I didn't like the character for a big part of the book. :)

@MrsPeel who did you have in mind for the part of Rachel?

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

KIm...not sure who I had in mind, but most certainly not a fit, good looking girl as Blunt.
    The character is described as having put a lot of weight on, and she is an alcoholic.... also it has to do with the fact that I have an idea of suburban English girls which doesn't fit Blunt...
    I need to think about an actress I dislike LOL
    because I did NOT like that character

true with S King, I read the book, then I watched the movie and was kind of surprised about it being good, but couldnt watch any other King's movies :(

someone told me that the Jodi Picault book My sister's keeper , the end is completely different to the book
    I also think that is ridiculous, you cant change the whole ending so drastically!!!!
    I read PS I love you and loved it, so I didnt want to watxch the movie
    same with Love Rosie...

scrapsandsass likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I think the setting is enough to put me off right away. Urban England becomes leafy Connecticut? I find Emily Blunt meh and unfortunately, Justin Theroux is branded in my brain as the man in The Leftovers. When it's free on tv, I'll consider it.

9. MrsPeel

I have to say, not even free on TV LOL
    that was the same thing Sarita (my daughter) said when we were talking about this.... that how come they change London to a city in the USA? and my daughter is one who tells people all the time that we live in the wrong country because she LOVES the US and all things north American....
    ...but in this film? WRONG.

10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am next on the list for this from my library....
    [​IMG]

11. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

12. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

i can't believe they changed cities! How rubbish is that?

I generally don't mind book adaptations to movies, loved The Martian- my favourite book and movie last year and Chocolate (even though they did change the ending). I hated with a passion Captain Correlli's Mandolin - such a great book and they destroyed it.

13. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I have not read this one yet ... my library says it is checked in ... so I will probably be grabbing this one.

MrsPeel and weaselwatchr like this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Oh @jenn mccabe It's good and creepy and irritating. Things I like in a book!

MrsPeel and jenn mccabe like this.
  15. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Ok, I'm the big chicken here!! Won't read Stephen King; won't watch his movies. Cujo finished me!! First and LAST one I ever saw!!!!

MrsPeel and scrapsandsass like this.
  16. jenn mccabe

I picked it up yesterday ... hope to start it later today!

17. jenn mccabe

I finished it earlier today. I enjoyed it ... I do like reading a book where I pretty much despise all the characters (if its once in awhile) but now I have to go find a book to read where I will like the characters!

I didn't want to watch the trailer until after I read the book, and now that I just watched the trailer too I have to agree with @MrsPeel that Emily does not fit the Rachel character that I read either. Not sure who would be more fitting but she is not who I imagined. I'll still see the movie though :P

18. dagi

dagi Aiming high

I really liked this book and I can't wait to see the movie! I did picture Rachel different too though :)

19. dagi

dagi Aiming high

ooh, he is my most favorite! I love his books (I guess we have about 60 of them).. I get rather scared with some of the movies though.. lol and I have to agree.. Cujo was not easy for me at all.. I'd never read it again and I will never ever see the movie, of that I am sure.

20. scrapsandsass

It will be interesting to see if they make movies out of his latest trilogy. I can totally picture Mr. Mercedes as a movie. Although I think there are some things that would be disturbing to see on screen.

MrsPeel likes this.