Getting Creative with Templates! **winner announced**

Discussion in 'Memory Motivators' started by MrsPeel, Aug 30, 2017.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello everyone!!!!
    Hope you are not wanting to strangle me :giggle as it took me so long to finally post this, but I was, you see, on the quest to make this worth while, so awesome @valeriapiemonte aka Little Butterfly Wings has offered us a $5 Gift Certificate !!!!!!!!!

The most creative page will take the prize, and then as I mentioned yesterday, I'll put together a mini kit for everyone who completes a page.

The idea for this came to me when I made a page for Valeria with her "Ready to Use"
    Templates. These are templates that you only need to add your photo, and is ready to go!!! is not a quick page, is a layered template which you can move every piece and completely change if you wish, or just add photo and you are done!
    I usually don't go for ready to use templates because I thought that it would take the pleasure to actually make the page.... but the more I looked at it, the more I thought I could change this here, get rid of this frame there and put something else instead, ass this or that. Here is the template I was looking at that day:
    (images are linked)

[​IMG]

This is the page I ended up making, as you can see, I added a lot and replaced the left hand side creating a whole new composition...added the photos in the circles but not quiet covering them as I loved them, also the cluster in the right border....

[​IMG]

So your task is to find a template, the more "ready to use" or "Ready to Go" the better as it gives you more possibilities, and change it in a way that is creative, that makes the template let me see "you" but I still need to be able to see where you started from....
    Come here to this thread, post your page and link to the template (or the preview image) so we can all see!!! Just in case you are on doubt, the template needs to be from one of our designers at The Lilypad.

We have awesome templates designers, and the template you choose doesn't have to be called Ready to Use or Ready to Go, you just go for what you think can show how creative you can get with a template!!! Our designers are awesome and you can find so much in their stores!!! Also BYOC is coming Friday and now you can see a SNEAK PEEK HERE!!!! I have seen some wonderful templates in the Sept BYOC you will LOVE for this challenge!!!!

YOU CAN FIND OUR TEMPLATES DESIGNERS HERE:

our sponsor for this challenge, Little Butterfly Wings-
    dedicated almost exclusively to templates, our divas :
    Cheryl aka @gonewiththewind is Fiddle Dee Dee Designs
    @talktoheather is Heather Joyce
    @Scrapping with Liz is, of course! Scrapping with Liz
    and then you can find some templates in these awesome designers who do them from time to time:
    Allison Pennington
    Amber LaBau
    Dawn Inskip
    Etc by Danyale
    Gina Miller
    Just Jaimee
    Kate Hadfield
    Lynn Grieveson
    Lynne Marie
    Mommyish
    One Little Bird
    Paislee Press
    Pink Reptile Designs
    Sabrina's Creations
    Sahlin Studio
    Sara Gleason
    & Valorie Wibbens.

Your page must have 75% of current The Lilypad product. The template is 15% .
    Our deadline:
    We said there would be time until the next chat. I am quiet sure there is a chat either on the 4th or 5th of September, which will give you time if you want to think it through or shop BYOC and then make it.
    Your deadline to have the page posted in the gallery and then here with a preview or a link to the template you've chosen is September 5th @ midnight EST (so Christa and myself can party for our birthdays and then I look at the entries the morning after!!!)
    :giggle:stash:yahoo

Once again, the most creative page will receive a $5 Gift Certificate for the Little Butterfly Wings store and everyone completing a page will get a mini kit I'll put together for you!
    If you have any doubts, I will be checking here regularly, but is just a question of changing a template, using your creativity to re arrange pieces, add or take away and replace differently.....HAVE FUN!!!!!
    :dancebun

oh I now can't wait to see what you all come up with!!!!!!!!

As I already mention in my last post, thank you SO so much for your patience!!!!!
    used the List Tandomizer as you all have shown so much creativity, the pages are gorgeous and it would be impossible for me to pick just one!!!!!!!

Our winner is @jang !!!! Congratulations!
    Thanks so much for playing - sending you a pm with the code!!!

Screenshot-2017-11-15 RANDOM ORG - List Randomizer.png

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. 3littleks

3littleks Pass the gold and the glitter, please!

oooo this looks fun!!! Thank you for putting this together!

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

That is a fantastic prize! Hopefully I'll get some time to scrap tonight.
    And thanks again for the fun chat yesterday!

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. MrsPeel

oh So glad you like it Brenda!!! @3littleks

Sara, thank YOU!!! it was great, as usual, I get lost a bit, you guys help me, I make ridiculous sentnces in Typonese -but apparently all of you are already fluent so we keep laughing :giggle

Can't wait to see the pages!!!!

cfile likes this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Looks great Cynthia!

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

So exciting @MrsPeel! I need to put my thinking cap on...

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

You know, I think some of the M3 templates might actually work for this (someone mentioned them yesterday in the chat). Some of them are pretty fleshed out, I must have a closer look at them, but some of them look rather ready to go to me...

Thanks for the fun challenge!!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. MrsPeel

thanks Christa!!!!!
    Cindy I am so excited that you guys are excited about this!!!!
    Rikki, YES! yes, there are quiet a few I'm thinking that could be a perfect fit to re invent them!!!! @cfile @cinderella @Rikki

9. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Ok, had the same thought about the M3 templtes- here's the one I used from April 2016
    [​IMG]

and mixed it up a bit (took out paint,added more paint, moved photo frames) to come up with
    [​IMG]

Hope this is ok, I feel like I should have mixed it up a bit more in the end - was fun to do

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  10. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

OMG, this was such fun. I usually don't take templates apart because then I might as well make it from scratch, but I like a good challenge.

The template I used has only 15 layers, 9 of them are photo spots, shadow layers, background, journaling and title. Most of the paint, brushes etc are on one layer.

[​IMG]

So I had to do a lot of cutting and pasting, not mentioning turning the frame from four to one photo. I used the three horizontal bars for dimensional frame elements. I LOVE my page!!! Thank you @MrsPeel for getting me off my lazy butt, lol.

The handsome bloke in the middle is my dad. There is something to be said for suits, right? Much more stylish than those jeans that are hanging between the knees these days.

[​IMG]

KarenW, MrsPeel, BevG and 2 others like this.
  11. 3littleks

3littleks Pass the gold and the glitter, please!

Here is my page...
    [​IMG]

This is the template I used. I was a 4x6 template from MPM Mosaic.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel, Rikki and wvsandy like this.
  12. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Here's the one I used:

[​IMG]

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, Rikki, BevG and 1 other person like this.
  13. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Ok, I used one of Dawn's Art Foundation Bundle
    [​IMG]
    Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel, Rikki and BevG like this.
  14. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

That was fun! @MrsPeel, you always have amazing ideas!

Here is the template I chose:
    [​IMG]

and here is my page:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Serena, Rikki and MrsPeel like this.
  15. MrsPeel

wOw wOw LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!! these are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll come by your gallery later on, need food now , I was tempted to keep scrapping BYOC for tomorrow but I really need some nourishment (is in these cases that I realize how I fit in the "addicted" category!!!!! LOL)

Thank you so so much you are ROCKING the pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rikki and 3littleks like this.
  16. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Here is mine, thanks for the chat and a great challenge!
    I don't know how to post a pic of the original template; I have it on my computer, if someone can tell me how, I will.
    But in lieu of that, here is the original page I made with it:
    [​IMG]:thinking2:think

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Was up at 3 a.m. this morning... Sigh... Anyway since I was wide awake, decided to do something creative & came up with this. Here is my layout, using the M3 template from March 2016, a wonderful base to work on from Little Butterfly Wings. As always, since I work in 8.5 x 11, I had to shift & resize. For the photo, I posterized it and added a hint of a color overlay.

[​IMG]

And here is the original template from M3 March 2016 by Little Butterfly Wings:
    M3Mar16_tempPV-web.jpg

Rikki likes this.
  18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm always editing templates. Often to increase the number of photos. :D

I decided to use this template from a Pink Reptile Designs challenge last year.
    [​IMG]

I increased the photo spots, with the XOXO mat. And I raised up the paper strip at the bottom because I think if I left it as is it would disappear when the page is printed in my album.
    [​IMG]

Rikki and cfile like this.
  19. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I didn't know there was a challenge here, lol!

I used this template:
    [​IMG]

and here's my page:
    [​IMG]

I really like mixing Artsy templates with more clean & simple designers for a fun twist! :D

Rikki likes this.
  20. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Rikki likes this.