gender reveals | pad patter 4.16.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Apr 16, 2018.

1. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

Love to see the video's never had one of my own.
    When I was pregnant from my eldest, my husband and I knew it was a boy, but told everyone we wanted it to be a surprise. It was our little secret and it was so funny to hear everyone telling us they were sure we would get a girl :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Yes. Two of them: The gender of my kids were revealed to me by the doctor when they were delivered. My DH & I saw it as one of life's last true surprises, so we chose not to find out. And I think gender reveal parties are a bit silly.

3. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

My friend had one -- she invited her family and it was a large enough group that I can see where it would be fun to tell everyone at once like that! In her family (she has two sisters), all but one of the cousins are boys and her young niece was really hoping for a girl. She was so disappointed when the reveal was for another boy, but she bounced back quickly in all the excitement!

In their case, I think it was similar to just telling everybody at a family dinner, but they made it part of a special get together and put the video up on Facebook. I think it was really cute!

I would not have done one, even if they were doing them a decade ago; our family is more fractured and it was just as easy to tell people as we saw them. On the other hand, we revealed our last pregnancy by giving the grandparents brag books full of 4x6 layouts of our older two, with the last page a copy of the new ultrasound. They all had to look at it twice to realize what they were seeing and it was fun to watch their reactions.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    keepscrappin likes this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

The brag books are an adorable idea that I'm sure they loved... very clever!