Gallery or Site or me?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by elseepe, Jan 28, 2017.

1. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I can't seem to upload my layout to the gallery. It's a jpeg, 600 x 600 px and about 220k. I go through to choose the file and then nothing happens ...

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am taking a shot. Try with a different browser. Your browser may have extension or update not playing nice.

3. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I guess chrome is being persnickety. I was able to upload using safari. So, I guess the answer is that it's me and not a site issue.

bestcee likes this.
  4. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Pancakes are their own food group

I can't upload any more using Chrome (I'm on a Windows system). I have to use Firefox.

5. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

All my friends keep telling me to switch to Chrome, but I just don't like all the negative things I hear about it. I will stick with Firefox.

6. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Chrome updates, unfortunately, are often buggy as they relate to extensions. So, it may not be the actual Chrome browser but something that you've added to it that's misfiring during upload. The best way to test this is to disable all of your extensions.Use this to off all your extensions and then try uploading.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...tempor/lcfdefmogcogicollfebhgjiiakbjdje?hl=en

At that point, you can probably determine which extension is causing the issue based on when they updated last.

@NancyP - I am a Firefox girl too for the same reason!

bestcee likes this.
  7. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

This is what happened to me...the offending extension was Lastpass. I can't get rid of it, so now I just disable it prior to uploading to the gallery.

KimJ and lmccandless like this.
  8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Good to know so I can point people in that direction. Thanks, Aaron!

9. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Thanks for posting this, Aaron. I just ran into the same issue, and you saved me a lot of frustration! :agree

10. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

I am a Chrome girl, used to use Firefox a couple of years ago and it was just soooooooooo slow and cumbersome which is why I switched to Chrome. I haven't had any uploading problems for the gallery at all..... touching wood!!!!!!! :)

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm another Chrome girl and haven't had any troubles thankfully, but I don't have any extensions added to my Chrome. It makes me shudder to think about trying to make a website work these days with all of the different methods and browsers that are available to access with.

12. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Thanks for sorting out which plugin was the issue @SirScrapalot! Is there a quick way to disable it and the re-enable it? If not, I'll just use Safari for uploads until it's sorted.

13. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Pancakes are their own food group

Thanks for tracking that down. I've been using Lastpass for years, couldn't manage without it, but they did a recent update to it which seems to have created some problems, like this one.

Frankly, I don't know how to disable Lastpass, and I'm not sure I would want to. I just have to remember to use Firefox when I want to upload. Otherwise Chrome works just fine, but it's nice to know what's causing the upload problem.