funny morning story.....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Sokee, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

So this morning me and my hubby are sitting at the table eating breakfast, my youngest son is toasting up an English Muffin and I'm reading the tread for Congratulations and my hubby is reading with me and all of a sudden
    he asks "What is a Polly?"
    I say "well the store is call The Lily Pad"
    he says "WAIT! Your a Pollywog!!!' then to our son "you know what a Pollywog is right!"
    Son says "yes.... they look like sperm swimming in the water, you know (hand jesters) they swim like this (more hand jesters)
    hubby says "Your a frog with no legs!!" (laughing out loud)
    me "YEP and proud of it!"

But even though they are making fun of me I'm so trilled because they get it! And they get how important this is to me! They are teasing me in a loving, proud, of you moment!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

for those who don't know me well My name is Barbara, I'm a Christian, Wife, Mother, daughter, sister, and a friend too. I have been married to my hubby for almost 31 years April 5th is our Anniversary. I have six children, 4 boys 2 girls, two are now married. And I am going to be a Nana for the first time this Aug 31!
    I love anything vintage.... if you can think clean and simple type of vintage lol. Love dishes, my green tea, first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is get the pot of water on and measure out my tea leaves..... repeat couple more times during the day. I love to shop resale shops & garage sales, and repurpose a lot of things. I love to read, it has always been a great getaway for all the trips I never did! And if involves a hunk and a castle even better! LOL
    My Wednesday morning are very important to me. That is when I meet for my Woman's Bible study group. My rocks, those women are!
    I started paper scrapping in 1991 (yikes!) And really enjoyed that, still do! I make cards each week that I send out to loved ones. I've started to dabble in Mixed Media (a virgin) and that is exciting me! I tried digital scrapbooking on a dare, yes a dare, back in the day when I spent all my time on the 2peas site a friend switched and told me to give it a try..... me? no! I like getting my fingers dirty! Well I think..... it was about 2010 I did give it a try and W0W fell in love! I could not believe I could use my creative soul and not make a mess!!! I found The Lily Pad in Dec 2012 and it has truly become a home for me. I know you all know what I mean! A place where you feel like you belong. A place where you are accepted. A place you feel safe. And in the years I have been here sure there have been times I have felt the disappointment.... but I always knew how deep the talent was here! Yes how deep, which is what makes it so special, makes it a challenge, even scrapping all these years. You can make the changes in your style that pushes you in what you are trying new at the moment...... like mixed media. Which is bringing me back to getting my fingers dirty and it feels so good. Thank you for all your support and love it means so much to me, to be accepted in a place I call home.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

So happy for you Barbara! My hubby was in bed sleeping and when I came into bed after the chat, he woke asked me what happened and was thrilled for me re the guest spot. I am glad we have hubbies & family that "get" our hobby!! :) So happy for you!

Karen, busywoman139, Rikki and 2 others like this.
  3. Sokee

thank you Christa! And congratulations on your guest spot! I just know you are going to host an awesome challenge!
    yes, to have a great hubby is THE BEST!

enjoyyourpix and cfile like this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Awww...This is a wonderful story and puts a smile on my face! :) My hubby totally gets how important this little corner of the internet is and both creatively scrapping and remembering stories is to me, and so very supportive! He usually giggles at my over-excitement at things! It's so nice to hear that you have the same!

enjoyyourpix, Sokee and cfile like this.
  5. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Hah, love that story! Isn't it great when they actually get it? Thanks for telling us more about you. You are a very good writer too! So happy to have you on board!

enjoyyourpix, Sokee and cfile like this.
  6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

hehe... love that you shared that story. My family did the same thing to me - "pollywogs are gross MOM!" But, it's so nice knowing that our families get it and support us in our scrappin! Thanks for sharing a little about you and your family. It's so fun to get to know our digi friends better.

enjoyyourpix and Sokee like this.
  7. jk703

I just saw you added more! I loved reading about you and getting to know you a little better! :)

Sokee and cfile like this.
  8. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Barbara, thank you for your introduction! I'm so happy for you and look forward hearing more "Polly" stuff from you.

Sokee likes this.
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@@@big welcome hugs@@@! I'm so happy for you Barbara. I was thrilled to hear it was you! Love your story too! My hubs sort of gets it....he knows it means a lot to me but not quite sure why it matters LOL....but my daughter understands...so someone in my family does get it LOL.

keepscrappin, enjoyyourpix and Sokee like this.
  10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

That is great! Love your story and congratulations!

Sokee likes this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Aw, it's so wonderful that they get it! Thanks for sharing a little about yourself!

Sokee likes this.
  12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Glad to learn more about you Barbara though I am used to seeing your face along prd free templates!

13. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I almost spit my coffee out LOL!!! I have a very vivid imagination so the visual I got in my head had me rolling!!!

Congratulations and Happy Early Anniversary!!! I love hearing of couples who have been married for so long!

keepscrappin and Sokee like this.
  14. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Your name is not Barbara....it's Sokee! :giggle

Just kidding...I just have to mentally remind myself that Sokee is not your actual name.

I'm so super happy for you! Cute story!

15. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Loved the description, "a frog with no legs"! We are so happy to have you here, Barbara, and loved reading more about you!

16. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

This cracked me up! I'm so happy for you Barbara. I feel like I've known you a bit throughout the years (we came here the same year). My husband asked me before the chat, "Did you write your acceptance speech?" I said "No. I know I'm not in the running for a Polly. I'm just hoping for $3." And I got it! It's funny how much this place means to us. Our families know too that TLP is also part of the family. We see each other through pictures throughout the years & watch each other (and the kids) grow. It's just amazing! I love this place & I know you do too. Congratulations!

17. jk703

This is me!

carrie1977, enjoyyourpix and Sokee like this.
  18. LynnG

LynnG Designer

So glad that you are a legless frog with us here Barbara! Tell your hubby and son it brought a big smile to the face of someone all the way over in New Zealand :agree

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. Sokee

mysweetgirl.jpeg
    Just in case you ladies do not know already Sokee is my dog's name LOL

Karen, keepscrappin, HeatherB and 3 others like this.
  20. jk703

I knew, I knew! BUT... I had forever thought your name was Sokee until I learned about your dog, and you added a siggy! So, I'm always "reremembering" when I post back, or use your name, Barbara! :P @Sokee
    PS... I LOVE your shoes!