Found an old To Do list....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by BevG, May 18, 2017.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I came across an old (2015) to do list on my computer. The bad news: all the house things on the list but one still need to be done. The good news: all but two of the scrapping projects are complete!

How about you? Which things get done at your house? What scrapping goals have you accomplished?

In case you are wondering, the 2 uncompleted scrap projects are: finish my traditional album for 2011 (have not even touched it in 3 years) and a traditional baby album for son #2 (all printed pics from 20 years ago).

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love finding lists like that! I found an old 'babysitting notes' that made me smile. A peek into my munchkins routine at that age.

My scrap goals list has probably not changed much in 2 years though!

BevG likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have a to-do list on a chalkboard that has been up for a year and only has one thing crossed off lol It's mostly house stuff. Scrapping stuff I keep in my head and maybe someday I will actually create great albums for my two older children who were 15 and 11 when I started. That's really the only project I neeeeed to do.

BevG likes this.
  4. CherryAllie

CherryAllie Active Member

It would be fun to find such a list as a peek into life at that moment. (I guess that means I wouldn't mind such a list in a scrapbook, hmmmm)

BevG likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

ah! priorities in life, right?
    that is so funny - mine, from two years ago, would probably be very similar!!! :giggle the scrapping would be good, the rest of the stuff, not so much. i am *trying to get to some of the house project type stuff (that has been on our to do list forever) tackled this summer though. we shall see!

BevG likes this.
  6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I make lists all the time, then promptly loose them. I've learned to put them on my phone, and I forget all about them. I'm hopeless!

bestcee and BevG like this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I would definitely scrap the list. It's funny how the day-to-day simple things actually end up telling so much more about our lives . . . well, stuff I find interesting anyway . . . because it shows what was important to you at that moment in time.

Hubby and I do lists every year when we file our income taxes, planning what we want to spend the return on. The list includes realistic items as well as crazy off-the-wall items that our tax return would never begin to cover. It just gives us a place to dream. I really need to scrap a couple of those lists . . . I think hubby has the previous ones.

As far as scrapping goals, I really haven't thought about it in a long time. I need to sit down and think about what I want to achieve in the next 6 months!

8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Not quite the same thing but the woman across the street just sold her house (very similar to ours) and I mentioned that with these old houses (1910) there's always something. She though we did our renovation 3 or 4 years ago. No...it was in 2004 and things like painting, replacing a 1990s skylight are popping up left and right. I hesitate to even make a list! Though I should, even though I have no desire to use our standing home equity line of credit.

Scrapping might be about the same...I'm mostly waiting to get a working a/c in this room. At least I have finally talked dh into a much larger BTU unit than he thinks is/was adequate. Once again, he minds the cold; I mind the heat. God willing an a/c will get me into finishing the recent England trip. I'll be lucky to get the May challenges done unless I do them at 0dark30 which isn't gonna happen!!!

bestcee and BevG like this.
  9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

that's tough when you and hubby are on opposite ends of the temperature chart. fingers crossed you get your AC & can finish your projects - he should know not to mess with your scrapping right? priorities!

bestcee, busywoman139 and BevG like this.
  10. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I was so excited - I just delivered a bundle of vintage clothing to the High School drama department (that I had cleared out of my closet - even a bigger woohoo!) It's been sitting in my living room for months. I went to cross it off my list... and I didn't have it on my to-do list! EEk!

So, I did what any normal person would do. I added it to the list, then crossed it off. ha!! Does anyone else do that?

11. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I totally do that... otherwise, I'd never be able to cross anything off my list... hehe

BevG and QuiltyMom like this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I have all kinds of lists that have things that need to be done. I'm always behind on my scrappin projects. I've yet to finish a vacation album. I've started many, but none are finished. I was so excited for our Disney cruise, but that album has been a work in progress for 10 years. How do I know it's been 10 years, because my baby turned 1 on the cruise and she's 11 now!

I have big plans to do a mission scrapbook for my son, but haven't really started it. I've collected photos and information, but not sure how I want to put it together. I want something more cohesive and I think that's what's stopping me. I'm not sure exactly what I want and I'm afraid I'll get going and not like what I have and have to start again.... crazy, huh! Why am I worrying so much about it. I'm digi, so it's not like I'm physically cutting up the only photos I have. I can easily change it if I need or want too. I guess old habits die hard and I need to change my thinking. He's been out for 10 months, so only 14 more to go. He'll be home before I know and really should get going on his book.

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

If I had an old list, I'm pretty sure it would be most unfinished LOL. I'm a procrastinator, I get distracted, I change my mind as to what I want to do. I am still working on a series black/white architectural photos for a collage I've been wanting to do for at least a few years now. I am still organizing photos and files on my computer and EHD. I am still organizing my kitchen. At least some things have been done though...such as purging through clothes. Have given away everything to charity that didn't fit or I didn't want. Next I want to sort through my photography stuff and sell off unwanted props/supplies, etc. I will then sort thru my scrap room, reorganize and get rid of stuff that I no longer need for paper scrapping (I only make hybrid cards now).

BevG and bestcee like this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@QuiltyMom Of course I add things that were not on the list AFTER I've done them! you think there are people who don't ?!?!?!? lol

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Um, yes! Otherwise I do 10 things a day, and cross 1 off my list.

I would totally go pocket pages. I know it's not your usual style, but you could easily throw in the photos, add some cards, and add parts of his emails as desired. Super simple, but if he's anything like my dad, it's the photos that he'll love.

BevG and keepscrappin like this.
  16. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i am such a list maker. i use one for just the daily items. gives me great pleasure to cross things off.

BevG likes this.
  17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

The scrap to-do list is a lot easier to chip away at than the house to-do list....and more enjoyable!

We have quite a bit of outside things to do on our house. It still kind of looks like a construction zone 1.5 years later. We are clearing land and growing grass. We just got a retention wall built...still have to paint it and do landscaping (lots of landscaping - ugh!). It's so expensive so that's slow going and may not get done for another 30 years! LOL.

BevG likes this.
  18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

we have a never ending house list - everytime we cross one thing off, something (or 2 things!) seem to be added almost immediately - it got to one point when DH said 'that's it, we aren't fixing anything else, it just tempts something else to break!'
    i love lists and crossing stuff off, but it feels like i never ever finish a list - i think that's called life or at least that's what i am telling myself!

19. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

how cool to find an old list like that!!!

I found a prayer request that I had written down last year - and was AMAZED how God answered even the tiniest of details a year later :heartslub

A few years ago, my husband and I were able to get away to the beach alone for a few days. During that time, we made a life list (I don't like the word bucket because it sounds so 'death'). Anyway, we wrote things we wanted to do and have really done a lot of them because we've been intentional about it. I think my next step will be to display it so that we see it!

BevG likes this.