FitBit Users

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Pallavi01, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

Hi All! I recently invested in a FitBit. I love it that I am more active than I was these past few months with the move.

However, I do feel the initial excitement had gone done a little. Therefore I am looking for new buddies :)

We could all challenge/motivate ourselves towards our fitness goals.

Let me know if you are interested in upping the motivation quotient :)

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I don't have one.... yet. I'm seriously considering it for this year, though. I need to find motivation for something other than scrapping, sometimes. Lol

3. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

Lol Kristina! I soooooo know what you mean! haha :)

4. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I've been wondering if I would have the $$$$ value out of one. My daughter was lucky enough to find on laying on a sidewalk. They put it up in a visible spot for a day and then claimed it when no one came back for it. She said not to get the low end one as you have to log in to the computer to get the actual number of steps.

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

bumping this thread up: I'm considering getting either the fitbit flex or similar? Are they worth it? I find pedometers slide off on me and arent that great so i give up on them

6. klee73010

I am looking into the Fit bit charge based on two of my Co workers. Haven't done much research yet. Not sure the difference between flex and charge.

7. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I'm considering a Fitbit as well. After researching all over the Internet seems the Fitbit Charger HR has the highest ratings. Still pretty expensive though, so I'm still considering.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  8. NicoleLeBlanc

NicoleLeBlanc Don't make me call your mother! Oh, wait ...

9. klee73010

My company offers a "wellness reimbursement" up to $200. using that, the Fit bit would be free for me. I think I'm getting it for myself for Christmas :)

10. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I never before saw this thread. I just got one for Sinterklaas yesterday!

My dad is having health problems and is trying to live more active and has aparently had one since the beginning of november. We never knew because he kept it secret cause each of us got one yesterday! I already like it, I just assembled my Christmas tree and put in the lights and have walked 2500 steps. I'm also very interested in the sleep analisis!

I'd love to get more buddys then just my family so add me using my email! berniekwittendorp at gmail.com
    Oh and I got a Flex.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  11. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

My husband and I got our through our health insurance. Hes lost like 20 pds or more walking!

12. n33

n33 Well-Known Member

fitbit

I have one, but know there are free apps for smart phones for free.

13. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I finally settled on the Withings Pulse Ox. Had a bit more to offer for a lower price and high ratings like the Fitbit. Software from the App Store and you can update realtime or force if you don't have your phone handy, which I usually don't. Also came with both wristband and clip in case you don't want to wear on wrist.

14. klee73010

That sounds like a few extra options to definitely consider for myself. Thanks for sharing!

15. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

In a very short time I'm liking it a lot. I was very interested in the sleep cycle feature since I'm so terrible at sleep, and it took me a try or so to get it to work right. (You have to do a swipe on the touch screen and for some reason I didn't get it at first) but very interesting info on my sleep chart. I have an irregular sleep wake rhythm so at least I have something to work on...
    I also found the pulse oxygen feature awkward at first because you need to slide the device out of the wristband to access the laser, but once I realized there was an arrow there for a purpose (dah!) it's easy peasy now.
    So far I love it and it's about half the price of the Fitbit high end with comparable features.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  16. klee73010

That sounds awesome.

17. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Think I'll wait until the price comes down. So expensive here in Australia.

18. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

My Dr. told me I need to get one, so I'm planning on watching for first of the year sales. She personally has the Garmin Vivo. I knew you could put the app on your phone, but I don't see how it could be as accurate, because it works somehow based on the motion of your wrist. My Dr. told me she tried to see if it could be tricked, by just shaking her wrist around and it would not be fooled!

19. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

My mum gave me a fitbit about 6 months ago..............its still sitting in the packaging!! I really have to open it and figure it out

20. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I love my fitbit. With 2016 my FOCUS is going to be all about ME, getting in shape and scrapping about me (taking photos of ME) so I know the fitbit will be my main tool for making sure I get the exercise in.

littlekiwi, Happy Mama and berniek like this.