Feeling a bit down

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, May 19, 2017.

1. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I have such a hard time with the "lack of experience" reasoning...how is one supposed to get the needed experience if they don't give them the opportunity? Even if someone has years of experience in X, doesn't mean they know how to do it the way their new employer wants or needs it done, so they are having to train a new hire regardless.

I know it's hard when you've heard "Thank you, but no thank you" so many times in less than a year, but you'll find something when you least expect it! You have your name out there, so you never know when a past interviewer will reach out to you again.

Hugs to you!!

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@littlekiwi I don't blame you! I would be so disheartened as well. Don't give up, though! You have worked so hard, and like others have said, it's just knowing the right person at the right time and the right place, and you'll have a job that is just fit for you. I'm adding you into my prayer list to ask specifically about your profession and finding a great job just for you, and sooner rather than later! ((HUGS)) and so glad you are talking about this to get support from friends!

3. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Hang in there Jennifer. Big hugs!

4. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

so sorry you are going through this. is there any place you can go for help with this? a career center or something. they will help you with your resume, practice interviewing with you, give you tips, etc. i used one when i was out of work and it was really helpful.

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I've used my university careers centre about two months ago and at that point they said I was doing everything right in terms of how I was approaching my job search. The only thing they suggested was to get feedback from interviewers which I've been trying to do.

6. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Sending you some hugs and lots of positive thoughts ... I hope that perfect position is just around the corner for you!! XO

7. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

I am so sorry sweet girl!! My daughter is struggling to find one as well :(