Feeling a bit down

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, May 19, 2017.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Every job opportunity that was positive last week has turned into a pile of thanks but no thanks this week. Really struggling to keep positive as it's been 7 1/2 months now with over 50 rejections

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

oh boy Jennifer. I don't know what to say. that has to be hard. I think you deserve a "me day" where you do something nice for yourself! and then maybe get back at it. but do take a mental break to rest and refresh. you seem like such a kind person, the right job for you must be out there. don't give up hope!

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I can totally understand how hard this must be to keep hearing no, but you have to realize that it takes tremendous courage and strength to continue pursuing your dream job with as much strength as you have been. You are so good at going out and finding opportunities and putting yourself out there to find something. I agree with Jenn, that you might need to take a minute to step away from it, but also maybe take a minute to make a list of all the things that make you great! Give yourself a pep talk on paper. :) The right job is out there waiting for you and you WILL find it! :)

bellbird likes this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh man, hugs Jennifer. What if you allow yourself to take a break? A little recharge might be in order.

Also... what about looking at things that you might've skipped over, or in jobs that might be a little different than what you have been focusing on? You might surprise yourself. Broaden your search a bit.

Hugs!

londoncuppa likes this.
  5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Sending hugs and positive vibes your way. I can totally relate as my hubby has been out of work for a month and a half and all of his "positives" have turned into rejections too.

Keep your head up!!!

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

So sorry, such a trying ordeal for you to have to endure. Sending cyber hugs!

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Hugs to you, Jennifer!

8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Sorry to hear things aren't going how you'd like them to. Hang in there? It'll happen, just keep telling yourself good things. Keep up the positive self talk and like others said take a break and then hit it hard again broadening your search. Sending BIG HUGS!

9. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Also sending positive vibes your way!!!

10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I agree with @Karen wholeheartedly, who explained it so well! You have a dream and your continued pursuit is really admirable. Hopefully you make the right connection with the right person and you're able to find the right job for you soon. It's out there! (And yes, I do believe it's "who you know" so keep volunteering and making time to meet people in your profession. :) )

Karen likes this.
  11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

So sorry to hear. Hugs. Try to keep positive, keep trying....remember...you only need one "yes"! I hope it comes soon.

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I know how disheartening it must be and discouraging. But you have to keep the faith and believe that the right thing is out there for you and will come along. My DH was basically out of work for 4 years. He worked a couple of part-time nothing jobs he hated and then one day the perfect job landed in his lap. The right job is out there for you, just keep believing and putting yourself out there. Hugs and positive vibes coming your way!

Karen likes this.
  13. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Some wonderful advice already given here in the forum. I just wanted to send you cyber (((Hugs))). There is a job out there for you. Don't stop believing.

14. LynnG

LynnG Designer

That's so hard. It's so difficult to keep picking yourself up and trying again, I know. Hang in there. Maybe take a little time to focus on the other things in life that make you happy and mean you have a rich life outside of paid work. That way if you get a paid job it'll be the icing on the cake. And then one day it will just happen and it will be the right one at the right time. xxxxx

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm sorry! That's so hard to keep putting yourself out there. I'm impressed with how hard you have been working toward your dream!

16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Man, that is so rough! I can only echo what the others said - hopefully they give you some feedback from the process so you can have something to focus on when you try again but i agree, maybe a break is in order first

17. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

it's honestly lack of the right experience holding me back. I do take breaks while i'm job hunting cause it tends to go in peaks and valleys - about two weeks ago there was about 5-10 jobs up then nothing and now the job ads are just picking up again

bbymks5 likes this.
  18. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

That sucks. I have been in your place and the moment I found a job was the exact right time as I was on the edge of some sort of depression. So I completely understand that after 7,5 months you feel 'a bit down'. I wish I could do something more then this...

[​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I'm so sorry you are going through this! Hugs!! You have some really good advice here!

20. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Hugs! You've got some great advice above... I love this quote that applies
    “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Karen and bestcee like this.