February 2018 Book Club - Little Broken Things

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Dec 21, 2017.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I've been stopping and starting this - glad to see the switching from person to person wasn't just annoying me - i have about 15% left according to kobo - i thought after i'd read about 65% (and Donovan showed up before Liz's party) how on earth could they drag this out, shouldn't the big showdown be right around the corner in this 'small town'? So far it isn't as good as i thought it'd be and it's pace definitely isnt Stillhouse Lake. At the moment I'm just hoping that (inwhite) Ethan ends up with Nora and Lucy (he's the underdog to me and i usually like the underdogs/bystanders best in these back and forth perspective books) and Quinn doesnt go off with Bennet cos that'd kinda ruin it for me.

Karen likes this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

So i don't think i's really a spoiler but i'll white anyway- i think the ending was as Happily ever After as possible without being too contrived I do wonder what happened to Tiffany but i guess that leaves the door open for another book and i like how Liz's character changed probably the most of all of them .]

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I enjoyed it. No big plot surprises, I figured out the mystery fairly quickly. Wish the characters had been fleshed out a bit more. But overall, it was enjoyable, it was a quick, easy read....just not in my top faves of this year.

Karen likes this.