Fast Five: Food 11.14.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Nov 14, 2017.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

1. Do you like to cook? Not as much as I used to but the constant push from my GP to lose weight and cut out all the 'whites' has influenced that.
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? I'm it! He can only make an Alaskan specialty - Alaskan halibut topped with a sauce of some curry paste (or powder) and an undiluted can of Cream of Mushroom soup. Almost all his Alaskan recipes call for 'a Can of...'.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Lasagna soup or scones.
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? NO I don't! That's his job and part of the kitchen terms we agreed on when we married.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? probably rice. I really grew to love it when I lived in Thailand and probably had it twice a day. I even got myself an All Clad rice pot one year down in SC. I've never seen one for sale since. Garlic too probably goes into most everything that's not a dessert. I def have a heavy hand with that!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Me too, though I really don't know why. When dh is away, I often don't cook just so I don't have to empty the dishwasher.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I can't explain my disdain with this task either. When I do it, I find myself thinking ..."this isn't all that bad, why do I think I hate it so much" ... and still I do (hate it) ! :)

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

1. Do you like to cook?
    I don't mind it, but these days I like to simple recipes, fast recipes and/or do it ahead meals that I can reheat. I don't enjoy spending as much time in the kitchen as I used to.

2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking?
    I always do the cooking but if I don't feel like it, we order in or get take-out. My hubs has never been a cook and my kids don't live at home now so it's just me in the kitchen.

3. What's your favorite thing to cook?
    I am into salads these days so love to put together a vinaigrette with different greens, lots of veggies and cheese. I've been buying different types of mustards and oils to put in my salads. Who knew I would come to love salads so much LOL.

4. If you cook, do you clean up too?
    I clean up as I cook, so either things go into the dishwasher or I wash them up by hand as I go along. So by the time dinner is ready, half the dishes are already washed or in the dishwasher. If doing by hand, after dinner I will watch/listen to the tv as I finish up (we have a tv in the kitchen).

5. What's your favorite ingredient?
    Avocado. I buy a bag of them every week and put them in a lot of different meals. My fave right now is a salmon burger, homemade tartar sauce mixed with avocado.

5. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

1. Do you like to cook? Sometimes, depends on my mood. Some days I enjoy the process and other days, I am really tempted to get takeout.
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? I typically cook during the weekdays and my DH takes the weekends.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? I love sweet pepper nachos!
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Sometimes but very rarely. I always end up dealing with it the next day.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? I need to have a meat ingredient in my dishes so I guess that is my favorite?