Fast Five: Food 11.14.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Nov 14, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Time for another Fast Five!

1. Do you like to cook?
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking?
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook?
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too?
    5. What's your favorite ingredient?

bbymks5 likes this.
  2. bestcee

1. Do you like to cook? Yes, I love cooking. Especially if I have time.
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? I cook most of the time. DH usually makes lunch on Sunday, or if we grill and he's home he'll do the grill.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? My favorite thing to cook is Mushroom Sage Chicken. It looks fancy, but is really easy, and tasty! Especially with pasta or rice.
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Not usually. Usually, I cook DH cleans. On his work days (12 hr shifts) I usually help clean up dinner. We are getting Munchkin to the point that he can clean up dinner and load the dishwasher.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? Chicken. It's versatile and I can usually find something in the pantry to add it to quickly!

3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

1. Do you like to cook? Sure
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? My husband cooks most of the time. There are certain meals that only I make though.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Enchilada Casserole
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? we share the clean up duties
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? Um....chicken usually

bestcee likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Time for another Fast Five!

1. Do you like to cook? No.
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? If I don't cook, I don't eat.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Scrambled Eggs and Hash Browns
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? No one else to do it!
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? Must be potatoes because I have some form of them quite often.

littlekiwi and bestcee like this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

1. Do you like to cook? Yes, I do...when I have time to do it!
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? I do most of it. DH cooks breakfast on the weekends.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Oh wow... lots of things! Chicken casserole is one of my favs.
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Usually
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? Chicken or potatoes...so many things you can do with them. And I put garlic or lemon pepper on everything!

bestcee likes this.
  6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

1. Do you like to cook? I usually do enjoy it, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for it. Sometimes it feels like a chore that must be done.
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? The kids went through phases where they liked to cook and I taught them quite a few things. But now - not so much. I am pretty much the only one that cooks in this house. The kids will microwave and cook quick things for themselves, but never a meal for all of us.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Not sure - it changes.
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Yes almost always. I usually cook and clean up at the same time. I like to try to keep up with dishes and clean up as I go along. If it's a really involved recipe that doesn't always happen and then it looks like my kitchen got hit by a bomb. Once in awhile I'll ask the kids to clean up. But my least favorite task in the kitchen is emptying the dishwasher - so I save that chore for them.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? fresh seasonings - whether it's greens like cilantro, a fresh lime, freshly milled pepper, fresh minced ginger or garlic ... fresh seasonings take the recipe to that other level, yum!

cfile and bestcee like this.
  7. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

1. Do you like to cook? Yes, most of the time!
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? I do. If we cook a breakfast, my husband usually does that though.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? I enjoy making homemade spaghetti sauce, enchiladas, and ranch chicken the most.
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? If my husband is working, then yes. If he's home, he'll usually do the cleaning up.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? I LOVE to use garlic. I also like adding spices.

bestcee likes this.
  8. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

1. Do you like to cook? I do because I have to find a cooking fairy LOL

2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? Me...always me

3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Anything I can throw into the crock pot or IP I'm a dump and forget kinda gal!

4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Yes...b/c if I don't it will just sit there!

5. What's your favorite ingredient? Does chicken/beef count?

bestcee likes this.
  9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

1. Do you like to cook? Yes, but I enjoy baking more. I like trying new recipes.
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? I do most of the cooking but my daughter also cooks a lot. The rest of them can make something if needed. I don't cook on Sunday nights, so they are on their own then. I usually cook 3 to 4 times a week and we eat leftovers the rest of the time.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Chinese stir-fry, Italian, Mexican, and American.
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Yes, even when daughter cooks.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? garlic, onion, hamburger, chicken

bestcee likes this.
  10. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

1. Do you like to cook?
    Fortunately I do because I do 1000% of the cooking. My husband's 'cooking' involves heating up oatmeal in the microwave & boiling eggs on the stove.

See above. My husband has a gluten intolerance & we're on a tight budget so we never eat out. Even when we go to my parents' house for family dinner, I end up doing the cooking there, too.

I don't have a favorite thing to cook. I just... cook all the things.

4. If you cook, do you clean up, too?

Yup.

Again, I don't have a favorite ingredient. I do like using lots of (dried) herbs and sauces (Worcestershire, soy, etc.) to make things flavorful.

bestcee likes this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

1. Do you like to cook? Sometimes. I wish I could afford to eat out more than I cook though. And of all the possible home services (butler, maid, chauffeur, cook . . . ) the one I'd choose if I could is cook. I don't exactly dislike cooking. I just don't feel enthusiastic about it, and keep doing the same things, which is boring, which makes me even less enthusiastic about it!
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? I do most of the cooking for my family of 5. My oldest daughter cooks about once a week though. Usually pasta, her favorite. My husband cooks sometimes too (like a couple of times a month), and he enjoys it a lot more than I do; he wishes he had time to do it more often.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? sautéing or roasting veggies
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Yes, usually.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? How can I pick just one?

bestcee likes this.
  12. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

1. Do you like to cook?
    depends, though if the meal delivery options catered to my dietary issues (lactose intolerance) and money was no object I’d use them at least some of the time

At the moment while I’m at home my mom does most of our cooking cause there is no point us both cooking meals, the only day I religiously cook is Sunday night as she works from 3pm til Midnight/1am. When I was on my own, I usually cooked 3-4 times a week then either had leftovers or an easy meal

probably a pasta dish - Spinach and Tuna Pasta bake or soup in the slow cooker (actually anything in the slow cooker to be honest)

4. If you cook, do you clean up too?
    yes cause if I don’t no one else will

Nothing that stands out but I do love my carbs (if only they liked me as much as I like them)

bestcee likes this.
  13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

1. Do you like to cook? Yes, for the most part.
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? Now I only make lunch. Hubby likes to cook so most of the time he is concocting something gourmet & delicious.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? I make a lot of things but my Aunt's Pot Roast is a favorite.
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Yes I cook & clean up.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? I love savory. I think I have to say tomatoes as they are so versatile.

14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

1. Do you like to cook? Depends
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? We take turns cooking. Whomever is home first, or isn't doing homework starts. Usually dinner is a tag team event. Kids help too!
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Appetizers. lol!
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Again, more of a team effort. Otherwise it's usually opposite - if you cook, you don't clean. Everyone has to bring dishes to the sink and rinse, and help at the table.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? Spices, salt, pepper.

15. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

1. Do you like to cook? Yes.
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? Prior to June, 2017, we would go out to eat A LOT. But DH is on a very strict diet, cannot eat tomatoes, vinegar, alcohol (think toothpaste and vanilla extract), pork, peanut butter, dairy. Oh, we also don't eat grains, but that has been over 4 years now. So we eat in. Thank goodness I don't mind cooking. On his food restrictions, for the most part, we no longer have them in the house, except I do buy heavy whipping cream for my bullet-proof tea. :-)
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? I used to love baking bread, that is now a no-no. I make some pretty mean salads these days.
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Unfortunately, most of the time, I cook, I clean.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? I've been enjoying red onions and avocados (think salad again).

16. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Do you like to cook ? Yes , especially now I have the time to prepare things properly.
    Do you cook most of the time ? Yes, but my hubby does some too.
    Whats your favourite thing to cook? Soups hands down , but I also love oven dishes, oh and pasta and... ah well most things really.
    If you cook do you clean up too ? most of the time yes , but Hubby quite often does or helps with the dishes ( we don't have a dishwasher )
    Whats your favourite ingredient ? Any thing really fresh, Vegetables , herbs , Chicken

bestcee likes this.
  17. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

1. Do you like to cook? Not actually, but I love eating so...
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? I cook on week days. On Saturday we order food ("souvlakia", we are in Greece :) ), and on Sundays it's my MIL's turn.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Pasta. My favorite recipes are pasta with meat sauce, pasta with tomato sauce, and pasta with pesto. I could eat past every day and never get bored.
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Yes, that's why we got a dishwasher.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? Garlic. And pasta of course.

bestcee likes this.
  18. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

1. Do you like to cook? I used to, but not so much anymore. We have eaten out more in the past 5 years than in the 43 (married) years before that.
    2. Do you cook most of the time? Or does someone else do most of the cooking? I do most of the cooking although DH will grill and make Sunday breakfast.
    3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Pies
    4. If you cook, do you clean up too? My husband does the clean up usually.
    5. What's your favorite ingredient? cheese

19. bestcee

I'd love to hear about them! Our salads get pretty boring really fast!

mcurtt likes this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Geez, i could use a scone (sk-on) right now - settling for coffee ...

1. Do you like to cook? Is 'sometimes' a cop-out answer for this? i would enjoy it more if it were less frequent and if people were more grateful instead of just nit picking and/or refusing to eat it at the end

2. Do you cook most of the time? Yep but then it's interesting what some people call 'cooking' - taking a pre-made lasagne out of the freezer and putting it in the oven is cooking to some but using ingredients that you've chopped yourself etc and throwing things together, with or without a recipe is cooking to me. DH does cook most Sundays and according to my son, is the best cook - it's always a roast of some kind so he puts a chicken or whatever on a tray and peels some potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots and puts them all in the oven. I think the oven deserves more credit but DS still doesn't understand that thinking.

3. What's your favorite thing to cook? Pasta dishes because there are usually less complaints and variations necessary to have a peaceful dinner

4. If you cook, do you clean up too? Yep and still me regardless- but i am super excited b/c it's my birthday next week and i better not have to wash up because that's the main thing i ask for every mother's day and birthday, a free pass on the dishes! #whoneedsdiamonds

5. What's your favorite ingredient? I don't think i have one - rice, pasta, plain chicken and potato DD will eat generally so they all feature heavily in our normal meal rotation so they're always in the cupboard or freezer