Essentials | Pad Patter 4.12.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Apr 12, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm back with a fill in the blank topic today, brought to you by packing for various trips and stays this month. What is essential for you but might not be considered that by others?

Tell us what you always pack:
    "I always take ___"

I think i came to the conclusion today that i'm just going to always take my own pillow from now on, for road trips anyway; i think it makes a significant difference to how rested i feel, and crunchy, plastic covered hotel pillows with unpredictable beds can not compare to my bamboo cooling pillow protector thing and it's memory foam. The more we roam, the more i appreciate my own bed!

Karen and HavaDrPepper like this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

My list:
    My pillows (2)
    My Art bag
    Lap tray (so I can “work” in the car)
    Mello Yello
    Baby wipes

bellbird likes this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

4. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

My iPad, loaded up with Kindle books
    And a black Papermate Flair pen

bellbird likes this.
  5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I just got back from the beach. We drove. We took everything! My instant pot, my blender. (I had to make egg bites!). My ice tea maker. Not to mention my laptop (which was useless because I couldn’t find the WiFi password). 2 cameras and my new favorite toy - a selfie stick!

I’m so glad we’re flying to beach at the end of the month. That means I don’t have to take all that other stuff, only cameras, laptop, and kindle.

bellbird likes this.
  6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Lol hubby makes fun of me for always bringing my pillow- but I'm an epic car sleeper! ;) He has started too now though also since he hates the pillows at my mom's house!

Besides my pillow- we ALWAYS bring my son's little nebulizer. He's needed it ONCE while we were traveling & we didn't have it. That was the last time I didn't bring it. It is small, easy to pack. I am fairly certain now that as long as we have it, he wont need it!!! :D

bellbird and Sokee like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

My pillows, sound machine, iPad, Kindle, phone, earbuds, chargers - I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Haha

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I take all the usual devices - phones, laptops, cameras, iPads, but always at the top of my list - my small Keurig!!!

cfile likes this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I always bring Starbucks Via (Instant coffee) when you are flying most places other than the normal packing things and camera and iphone, I definitely pack the coffee so that I know I have enough in the morning at the hotel :)

10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

my first priority on all trips is a huge box of medical supplies, sometimes for small trips that is bigger than the rest of the luggage.

11. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

My pillow is a must. Last time we flew I couldn’t bring it, but miraculously the pillows at my friend’s house were amazing... and that is saying a lot because I am increasingly stingy with pillow compliments!

I also always take healthy snacks for my daughter. She is a vegetarian and so picky, so it can be hard to find non-junk food to offer her while traveling.

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'd say the first thing I make sure to have is my camera... in recent years, that sometimes just means my phone (and charger), but sometimes I still bring my big camera bag for the zoom action. :) Also, yes to a pillow for the car ride! And earbuds if I feel like watching a show or listening to an audiobook on the way. :)

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Pillow, phone. But, apparently, they seem to be the norm, who knew?
    Plus everyday regular stuffs you need to pack.

14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

sleeping pills
    I have a hard time, as in can't fall asleep in hotels, every noise, light and I am back awake if I do fall asleep.
    so,
    my little pink pills for each night.
    I think I am legally dead after I take them. bhahwhah

15. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

The only thing I ALWAYS take is my camera. It could just be a normal family dinner at my aunts, but I bring my camera.

There was one time I was on a plane that I didn't have it, (I'd went to the restroom & it was a small airport in Alaska that started boarding, so my aunt took it with them & we didn't have assigned seats so I was way up front & them it back), and it was SO SO SO weird not having it at my feet!

Other than that I don't think I have a "thing" that comes along with me consistently.

16. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I take a laundry hamper. One of those small mesh ones that fold up flat and pop open. Then the kids always know where to put their clothes instead of leaving them laying all over the room! I also have a mesh laundry bag that I move the clothes into and it is easy to just add to it every morning out of the hamper.

(I also take all the usual stuff -- camera, tablet/computer for photo editing and scrapbooking, tablet/eink reader for reading, yarn project if I have one, folder with itinerary and for collecting brochures, power strip with a multi-USB hub for charging everybody's devices every night. LOL)

17. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My pillow always goes with me on car trips. I just have a hard time using whatever pillows are provided where I'm going. And, the pillow isn't to use to take naps when I'm driving... because I'm always the driver! No naps for me.

With my previous vehicle, I would always take CD's to listen to as I drove. It was an older vehicle without Sirius/XM radio and I hated trying to find radio stations on long trips. This vehicle has Sirius/XM so I'm good there.

If I'm driving, the laptop and kindle go with me. If I'm flying it is just the kindle. Camera goes all the time and I'm not talking phone camera.

18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

If traveling by car, I always take my electric pot, mug, spoon, tea, sugar, and milk. I have to have my cuppa in the morning and at night.

19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Pillow, camera, laptop, phone, chargers... (I once left my laptop charger at home and didn't realize it until we were already 6 hours down the road, after using the laptop for 2 hours).

bellbird likes this.
  20. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Hmmm, I think it would be my own snacks/food and most definitely my water bottle. I don't leave anywhere without it.

bellbird likes this.