Essential Oils

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Jul 13, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@Teri Thx and cant wait to make some up. I need to get some bottles and droppers.

2. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I use them everyday! Or I should say every night. I use Young Living.

I use a mixture of lavender, bergamot, cedarwood and sometimes peace and calming before I go to sleep. I still take my prescription for my sleep meds, but I can tell a big difference since I started using the oils.

When I get a headache I grab peppermint and put on my forehead and temples - I also use peppermint when I have an upset tummy (apply it directly to my belly and also inhale it).

I have a whole shelf of oils, but these are main "go - tos"

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'll be meeting up with a local YL rep tomorrow (an old scrap friend) and am excited to chat with her about the company, over lunch. I made up my own blend of bug bite relief oils and it seems to work. Funny thing is, I bought a blend from our local health food/organic store and their blend doesn't seem to work for me, so I'm guessing the quality and/or amount of oils in it is inferior. I am going to make my own sleep blend too and will just mix it in with the stuff I got on amazon (which I suspect is not high quality but don't want to waste it). Don't know about bergamot but will check that one out.

4. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I read somewhere that YL is supposed to be the better blends - it is pricey though! (IMO)
    I had signed up for their Essential Rewards program - meaning I had to place an order each month (for 14 months, I believe) but then earned points for every $ I spent. I liked it at first, but since I don't use a huge variety on a regular basis, I didn't think it made sense just to keep stocking up, so I discontinued it when I could. Now however; I am running short of my faves, so am considering signing back up.

Anxious to hear what ones you try Rae! Keep us posted!

5. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I use them regularly and have for years. I love them. I diffuse daily and also make my own blends with carrier oils.

I don't go the direct sales route. Rocky Mountain Oils (formerly Native American Nutritionals) and Mountain Rose Herbs are excellent companies. I just got another shipment last week to make my face serum. I took some aromatherapy classes back in the early 90s and there are some great books that are educational.