Do you mourn the loss of a good sheet of sticker paper?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Sep 29, 2016.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

This is the video where I learned how to make planner stickers from Just Jaimee with the kiss cut method. It's about the only thing I know how do on the silhouette. ;P

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threa...hly-free-printable-and-a-helpful-video.39625/

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Even though I bought sticker paper, I've not really used them for my planner. I still prefer to do up my planner page in PSE, print, trim edges and then hole punch to put into my planner.

scrappyjedi and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  3. jenn mccabe

and your planner spreads look great done that way!!! :beat

klee73010 likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I hate hate hate it when that happens!
    I was printing moving box stickers last month. 6 different sheets, but all had the same simple cut lines, and were made identical. My Silhouette had no issue with 4 of the sheets. But it flat out refused to cut kitchen labels! Seriously. I even changed one of the sheets it liked to the word kitchen, and it threw a fit. So much wasted sticker paper. I was using the cheap stuff that I use for munchkin's projects since - moving labels, one use only!- but it still ticked me off. DH had to drag me out the door so I could have a break from it. I won though - I threw it in the box, and haven't taken it out yet. WE'll see how she behaves now!

5. jenn mccabe

lol! yes! it feels personal sometimes! and there seems to be no rhyme or reason. hope she behaves once she is let out of the box again! :giggle

[​IMG]

6. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

My silhouette hasn't been touch for a while due to the same reasons!

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh! I feel your pain on losing sticker sheets. Normally my Silhouette does what it's supposed to do, usually when I wreck something it's user error. For instance, last week I was cutting a stencil out of 7 mil Mylar which I have to cut with a really slow speed and I have to double cut which take forever! Well, while the first stencil was cutting, I was multi-tasking, watching Netflix and I started another file in my Silhouette software to cut a second stencil when the first was done. Instead of cutting the first stencil again, I cut the second design right on top of the first design so I wrecked that and had to re-cut BOTH stencils. Sigh. I must have been paying more attention to Netflix that what I was doing on the computer. Whoopsy!

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  9. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

I baby mine, maybe that's why I usually don't have issues??? LOL

The worst was when I couldn't trace anything and I had assignments due. Every time I would try to trace (we are taking a square) it would shut down and kick me out. OMG...I was freaking out. I did all the updates, etc. I called Silhouette and talked to tech.

When I read them one of the errors, they asked if I was on a Mac and had Trend Antivirus. Of course I did, LOL! They discovered that Trend had done some kind of update a couple of weeks before and it did not like the silhouette software. Silhouette was working on a fix, but didn't know when it would happen.

So, to get it to work, I had to quit the Trend completely while in Silhouette.

I find if I have problems, make sure you have all the updates done. BUT I also don't ever copy over the prior software, just in case the new one doesn't work!