Do designers take kit requests?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Mar 31, 2018.

1. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

@Genniejoy I'm with you on the flowers (unless its a kit about flowers, Spring, etc) I am drowning in flowers! I LOVE theme kits with actual "things" in it. Like Lynne-Marie has the weights and shoes in her fabulous new kit.
    I need military kits----ESPECIALLY Coast Guard!!! Everyone seems to forget them. Even a kit with all five branches would be awesome. In my family I have navy, army, air force and coast guard. I have Dawn Inskip's "Heros" and have used it many times, but need something more adult. Also love Paula Kisselring's "Army Forever" which I have used quite a bit.
    I also don't know how they do it, but LOVE all you designers!! I took digi design lessons and when I was through, I thought----NO WAY!!! I'll just stick to my scrapbooking!! The good thing about the lessons is that I can make a paper or element the I really really want for a layout I am doing, but don't have in any of my kits. But that doesn't happen very often! LOVE my designers and kits!!

Lynne-Marie likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'd LOVE it if every kit had a couple of stitches in it. I LOVE stitches - horizontal and vertical. A lot of the kits have them, but I with they all did. I can't sew a stitch IRL and I've drooled over scrapbook pages and cards forever that had real stitching on them. Now, I can have stitching on mine! :banana

3. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I've played a few games here in the forum, most notably Look alikes, and discovered that there isn't much in the way of RED. We have tons of pink, purple and blues. But yellow, orange, red---not so much. Just an observation.
    :) I love all the flowers of so many kinds. but I agree- we aren't lacking in them. I know they are one of the easiest things to use when putting a kit together. But it would be fun to see what the designers can create with the warm colors that are not flowers.. I dunno, tags, buttons, ribbon, paint, stitches, fasteners? Challenge! :bk

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    A-M likes this.
  6. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

I'd love wordart with Australian/English spelling included with kits. Some ideas: Travelling, Mum, Mummy, bush walking (we don't hike but this is only Australia :-) ), Barbecue (we don't grill), favourite etc. And a big thanks to the designers who include the word Autumn in kits as we don't use the word Fall.

littlekiwi, LynnG and A-M like this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Lynn Grieveson (New Zealand) often includes both spellings. Dawn Inskip (UK) might also include both spellings.

8. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

@littlekiwi I meant to post this here before, but forgot... My new kit Local is based on your suggestion:

Volunteering/fundraising/community/helping out

bestcee, AJK, littlekiwi and 2 others like this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

@Amson Just Jaimee and Kate Hadfield usually include both UK/Australian and American spellings. I noticed because I deleted the "U" ones lol. And Kate's All Fresco has a "BBQ" was, if that's a saying down under. Here's the link:
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Al-Fresco.html

And @AJK the latest Mixed Media Monthly color palette has lots of reds, oranges, and yellows. I just downloaded the main kit and Little Butterfly Wings' add-ons. I can't wait to scrap those happy colors!

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    AJK and Sara like this.
  10. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

On variations. Good tip! I did a quick search of "favourite" and quite a few pages emerged (there may be more products beyond those listed, too, as some designers aren't as specific with product descriptions as others). I know that many of us try to remember to be thoughtful with variations, but it is a good reminder to be intentional about alternates. :beat

bestcee and Becca Bonneville like this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Kristin Aagard uses a lot of red. So does Kate Hadfield. And of course, there is red in the Project Mouse stuff, and some of Sahlin Studio's other kits.