Digital Pin Exchange - March Edition!

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Dalis, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Jenna

Jenna Jenna

So, mine represent MY March 2017.

[​IMG]

2. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

... Yep... Got that one as soon as I saw it, lol!!

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Thanks for the story behind it, I eat them a lot from friends and never knew the story behind it.

4. Dalis

Jenna, did you write another post here asking for help on how to separate the layers? I got an email about it but I don't see it anywhere! These look super super amazing!!!!!!! I specially love the chill-pill and all the hearts!

5. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

Coming from a woman who has a struggling teenager, THANK YOU. These are beautiful!

Came here to check deadline, I have some but I am packing and getting ready to JET out the door so I can go fangirl over kids who are young enough, I could be their mother. (sob) But I will be back before deadline and shove mine in!!! <3<3

Mylinn likes this.
  6. Serena

I did it!!! I got back in time and slid my pins in there!!! (@Dalis Don't kill me!!! There's more than '5' but technically it's only a few, just recolored!!) I made cherry blossoms because March was when I took my trip to Korea for the cherry blossoms and then I did some boxes in the colors of the Project Mouse - Beginnings because I will be doing another scrap book soon and will be using that kit and wanted some pins. So I shared all the different colors for in case people wanted different ones! :D That totally counts, right? I do dishes if not... o_O!

Dalis likes this.
  7. Dalis

LUV YA! LOL!!! I have been keeping an eye on the thread for you! I love what you added!

Serena likes this.
  8. Serena

You are the BEST! :flirty

And! I'll TOTALLY be with you next month too and bring the chocolates.. cause you're TOTALLY doing this again right? omgosh, this is so addicting! LOL! I LOVE all these little pins, I loved February's too!

Dalis likes this.
  9. Dalis

I should be running it next month too!

10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

these are fabulous ladies ... can not wait to get March's pins!

11. Dalis

I am going to start a new thread with a POLL for April!

Mylinn likes this.
  12. jenny

jenny jenny

I made a couple of attempts last night and think I may be missing a step. I followed along with Leah's video and made the cupcake pin which turned out great. What I'm struggling a bit with is how to use an image that isn't just an outline (like the cupcake) and is a single layer. I understand having each colour or "well" for the enamel on it's own layer is best to get the pooling effect, but I'm unsure how to split up a single layer image to do so.

I know I'm likely missing an obvious step ;)

13. Dalis

Jenny, did you see post #2 in this thread. One of our ladies here did a step by step instruction of how to do it. I understand the step that you are missing. What I do is that I create a new layer and then I select the area I want to cut out by clicking on the thumbnail of the layers palette and then fill the are with a color. Give me a second. Let me see if I can do a quick video. It's late here almost midnight.

jenny likes this.
  14. Dalis

@jenny

Let me know if this helps. I am so sorry, I sound terrible, but it's past midnight here and I am not thinking straight. LOL!!!

jenny likes this.
  15. jenny

jenny jenny

Thank you so so much Dalis! I think I understand now. I'm going to show you the image I was using last night. I don't know if I'm missing a step in my mind, but it isn't just an outline, so I'm unsure how to get from my image to just the outline. If that makes sense. It does have a transparent BG and is a PNG in PS CC.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  16. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

Use the magic wand tool to select all of the colors that are the same. Then Use CTRL+Shift+J to cut those parts to a new layer. Repeat for all of the different colors and/or parts.
    then you can use the stroke command under the Edit menu or the layer style in the enamel pin set to make an outline for each layer.

Dalis likes this.
  17. Dalis

OMG, adorable! Ok, yes, just do what I did to create the "pool areas" you still need to create the outline. Let me see what I can come up with. I had this problem.

18. Dalis

Jenny, I think I got it!

19. Dalis

Ladies, I just got all the pins and WOW! I can't wait until you see them all! Of course it got me all excited so I went and use one of the February Pin Exchange pins on my latest page. Thanks @JillW for the cutest {heart} my dog pin!

[​IMG]

20. Dalis

Working on the preview for this month's pin exchange!

angiekey, HeatherB and jenn mccabe like this.