Digital Pin Exchange - March 2018 Edition!

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Dalis, Mar 4, 2018.

1. nachtmol

nachtmol Active Member

I'm so sorry find your father passed away Cynthia! This must be hard times for you! BIG HUGS!!
    I just started scrapping again a week ago or so, joined the CT of Jopke, my designer and real life friend for many years now. She is going thru hard times also and I support her by making pages to promote her designs.

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Can't wait to see them!

Sunberry2 likes this.
  3. nachtmol

nachtmol Active Member

My host changed the name of the site, so the pins don't show up anymore. I made a preview of all the March pins I made and post it in my replies. Most of the pins come in different rim colors (not shown on the preview)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    spenny, mmbstaley, Dalis and 2 others like this.
  4. Dalis

OMG, those chicks are fantastic!!!!!!

5. nachtmol

nachtmol Active Member

My host changed the name of the site, so the pins don't show up anymore. I made a preview of all the March pins I made and post it in my replies. Most of the pins come in different rim colors (not shown on the preview)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    spenny, Sunberry2, Mylinn and 2 others like this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I have done them in Artisan. Here is the quick version - create the outline and apply a 3-D edge to it at 60 degrees. You don't get the shine, but you do get the raised rim look. For the enamel, apply a 3-D edge to each part at 90 degrees. You may need to play with the amount and expansion as some colors show the white and shadow better than others. Otherwise, follow Dalis's instructions for making the outline and individual areas. That is the time consuming part.

7. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

Here are my contributions for the month: in celebration of Pi day (3.14) some cherry pie, a couple pots and cups of tea to help with all of the cold and allergy congestion, a good luck shamrock coin like the one DD3 was given many years ago before her first time taking the big required state test - she still has it somewhere, and one of my favorite things about March: McDonald's Shamrock Shakes. tea&pie-preview-w.jpg
    shamrock-pins-preview-w.jpg

8. Dalis

I promised my husband a dairy free pie and totally ran out of time, I feel terrible!

9. mmbstaley

We didn't actually eat pie until the day after pi day. My family didn't care if it was late because pie is a treat we don't often get. Make him one this weekend ;)

10. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

D005A108-C73E-4136-9F7A-AC591D3CEF94.jpeg

We had cookie cake iced to look like a pie... none of us actually like pie, but we HAD to celebrate lol

lmjrocko, BevG and mmbstaley like this.
  11. Dalis

OMG, that is hilarious!!!!! WE LOVE PIE, but hubby is has a dairy restricted diet and I don't due well with gluten, so let's just say PIEs don't love us back the way we love them!

12. Dalis

I might try this weekend, I need to find a dairy free crust and a filling recipe that looks good enough to modify it to make it dairy free.

13. GlazeFamily3

I hear ya! I have recently had to remove whole milk and things with the whole milk proteins in it from my diet and it has been really hard... but also amazing because I am feeling a TON better after years of trying to pinpoint what was making me sick.

Dalis likes this.
  14. mmbstaley

My favorite pie crust I make only has 3 ingredients - flour, vegetable oil, and water. Don't see why you couldn't make it with whatever type of flour works for you.

15. Dalis

That is what we had to do with hubby, we also had to remove peanuts and there is still something that is causing him problems I am betting it's gluten but he won't try going GF.

16. Dalis

Would you mind sharing your recipe? Sorry for the hijack of the thread!

17. mmbstaley

I will PM it to you- typed it out last night for you. ;)

18. GlazeFamily3

I feel like I at least owe you guys a few pie pins for the number of non-pin posts I made :giggle

Dalis likes this.
  19. mmbstaley

So, getting back to enamel pins... have any of you seen Faberge (sorry, don't know how to get the special characters in here!) enamel pieces in real life? I took my DD to the VA Art Museum a few weeks back for some world history class extra credit and while we were waiting for our time to see the Terracotta Army exhibit we had come for we wandered around the museum. The VA Art Musuem has one of the largest collections of Faberge pieces. They have 5 imperial eggs- one of which was not on display since they had sent it to an art show somewhere- and lots of enamel frames and boxes and things like cane heads or umbrella handles. I found the enamel frames particularly mesmerizing as they use a decorative form of enamel called 'Guilloché' - had to figure out what it was after I got home that day. A pattern is etched into the underlying metal and then a transparent colored enamel is poured over the top of it. One of the imperial eggs had 5 different guilloche patterns in bands around it. I could have stood and studied all of the pieces for hours.
    Here are some photos - sorry a couple of them are slightly blurry, low light and no flash allowed ;)

2018_0217_VirginiaArtMusuem-Faberge-11-w.jpg 2018_0217_VirginiaArtMusuem-Faberge-37-w.jpg
    2018_0217_VirginiaArtMusuem-Faberge-18-w.jpg 2018_0217_VirginiaArtMusuem-Faberge-24-w.jpg 2018_0217_VirginiaArtMusuem-Faberge-17-w.jpg 2018_0217_VirginiaArtMusuem-Faberge-21-w.jpg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Angela Toucan likes this.
  20. Dalis

WOW, that carafe is how we all show be serving our own tea/coffee or even water! WOW!!!!!!!!!!! hmmmm.... maybe we should try some guilloche patterns. I have at least one style in mind from @mommyish that I think might work for it.

mmbstaley likes this.