December Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'December 2016 Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Nov 29, 2016.

1. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

Happy December!!!

Being that it is the end of the year, I tend to become nostalgic and reminisce over the "good old days". But in doing so, I miss out on the goodness that is right now. And really there is a lot of goodness if I stop and look around. Not all of it is that exciting - this is real life afterall - but that is were the real treasures of today are.

When I look at my life right now, I see so many little moments that I just treasure. These seemingly insignificant moments tell so many stories of how my life is today. When captured on film and in print, they are a time capsule for future years - the clothing, the decorating, the activities that occupy our time, the little messes - all of it represent this stage in our life and are so meaningful.

So your photography challenge this month is to capture an everyday moment. That candid moment that shows your life, right now. No posing, no prepping, just pick up the camera and take the photo. :)

Since this is a photography challenge, your photograph needs to be taken this month, by you. Enjoy capturing those everyday moments!

Here is my photo and layout for this challenge:
    [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy using your camera to capture the everyday moments in your life this month!

Remember: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the December Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Ga_L, MandaKay, klee73010 and 4 others like this.
  2. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

this month I will have my camera in my hand everytime. I want to make a Daily December so I need everyday life pictures ! your challenge is perfect for me.

lcpereyra likes this.
  3. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I think I might challenge myself and use a timer to get a pic of myself Ali Edward style when I´m not aware of being photographed!

lcpereyra likes this.
  4. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

I took this photo today and is my hubby and his son Yaron...they didn't know I was photo-shooting them since they hate me when I do, but I love them together...

[​IMG]

5. Jenna

Jenna Jenna

6. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Here is my layout.

[​IMG]

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  7. destiney1

destiney1 Well-Known Member

ok this might be a smidgen of posing but this is my everyday. woke up with the worst frizz and just went to straighten it a bit and boom perfect hair! on a day where i wasn't even going to put on pants. so just me lookin good watching netflix in ninja turtle pj's. which is about as normal as my december gets in the middle of holiday frenzy

8. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

[​IMG]
    I was glad I snapped this yesterday. the wind came through and most of our leaves are falling today :)

9. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

10. jjpederson125

jjpederson125 Well-Known Member

11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

My husband's clothes rarely get dirty so having ring around the collar is rare for him!

[​IMG]

jesskab likes this.
  12. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

An everyday moment in the life of one of my Papillons, Bijou.
    [​IMG]

ljonezy likes this.
  13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

14. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

15. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

16. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Love this, here's mine:
    [​IMG]

17. aurian

aurian Well-Known Member

Here's a quick photo I took on Friday to celebrate being 30 weeks pregnant (with the significance being that my twins were born at 30 weeks two years ago, but this baby is still happily baking away!)

[​IMG]

18. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

It may appear these photos were planned, but my Au-some grandson does NOT let me take photos of him let alone 4....he was so happy playing with the dog's blanket and bed...I LOVE this boy!

[​IMG]

19. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

20. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

This is a spur of the moment I treasure... when I first found out about putting soap in the bed.. no more leg cramps!

[​IMG]

Smwhite and Lindzee like this.