Cookies | Pad Patter 6.12

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 12, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Today is National Peanut Butter Cookie Day.
    Yep, I didn't know the peanut butter cookie had a day! I may have to make some....

But it got me thinking....

What's your favorite cookie?
    Do you like peanut butter cookies?
    And do no bake oatmeal/chocolate cookies really count as cookies?
    [​IMG]

Side Note: I really have to start having breakfast before Pad Patter.....

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Cookies are my favorite dessert.... any kind but store bought ones are good, unless they are from the deli. Chocolate chip and peanut butter are wonderful. Another favorite is carrot cookies - cooked carrots with a touch of peanut butter in a soft cookie, topped with an orange glaze. My grandmother used to make cookies and freeze them, then when we visited her, she would send a bag home with us. Yum yum.

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

What's your favorite cookie? Peanut Butter Blossoms (peanut butter and chocolate in one cookie!)
    Do you like peanut butter cookies? YES!
    And do no bake oatmeal/chocolate cookies really count as cookies? I feel like the answer to this is no...but who am I to judge? I just don't make those. :)

4. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Of course they are cookies!

My favorite that brings me back to childhood is the good old
    Ranger Cookie
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup crisco
    1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed, light or dark)
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs
    2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
    ½ teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
    1 cup coconut (shredded)
    1 cup chocolate chips
    3 cups cornflakes (or crispy rice cereal) (or at times I do 1 1/2 cups of each. cornflakes & rice krispies)
    Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes.

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

No bake are definitely cookies, in my opinion. I love sugar cookies the most. I push a fork (criss-crossed) on top of the dough and then sprinkle with more sugar. That's how my mom always made them.

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

bestcee likes this.
  7. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Ooooo….those no bake oatmeal cookies look delicious, I might just have to make some! I love snickerdoodles, thin but not crunchy. YUM!

bestcee likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:rollin

I, too, thought this thread seemed familiar.

I'm not sure I have a favorite cookie. I can't remember ever meeting a cookie I didn't like.
    Yes, I do like peanut butter cookies. I miss the ones Rhiannon made last weekend. They disappeared fast.
    I liked the no-bake "cookies" my kids and I made a lot when they were young, but yeah, they barely qualify as cookies. We didn't wait for them to solidify and ate them with spoons. :P

9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I love cookies too! Sugar cookies are my fav, with white chocolate macadamia nut second and Smith's cranberry orange third. I prefer peanut butter bars to peanut butter cookies, but I do love peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss on top. Heck who am I kiddin, I won't turn down a cookie as long as it's soft. If it's hard and overbaked, then I'll pass. I like my cookies soft. One exception is Keebler EL Fudge cookies. I love those, but like to dunk in milk to make them softer.

bestcee likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

oh and yes I count no bake cookies as cookies... they're yummy!

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter cookies, but I do like the no bake ones. I also love Nutty Buddy bars by Little Debbie, so it's not that I won't eat them . . . I just prefer others.

My favorite is coconut oatmeal and my mom makes them and they are like heaven on the tongue. LOL

And yes, @bestcee loves cookies and all kinds of cooking! She reminds me of my mom and sister who love to cook and research recipes. I like cooking fast and easy meals that taste good, and I'd rather not bake. LOL

12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Courtney, you are a naughty one. Yes, I'd like a good cookie now. Ok even a kinda crummy one! I must say I even stooped to eating a 'Banana Twinkie' recently 1. because they were there and 2. because I wondered if Twinkies tasted as weird as I remember. Well, yes, they do taste weird and the banana made it super disgusting to me. But I ate it all.

Apparently I am not doing well on giving up sugar.

bestcee likes this.
  13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yes!! Oatmeal/chocolate cookies count and they are my absolute favorites! We call them Preacher Cookies in these parts LOL
    I do love peanut butter cookies, too. Ok...so I like most all cookies! Kroger carries a lemon cookie that has to be among the tops on my list!

bestcee likes this.
  14. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Ginger snaps are OBVIOUSLY the best cookie. :pigout Peanut butter cookies are just okay and no bakes are totally legit cookies. We have a long time family feud over cookies so I consider myself an expert. :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Well I missed this very important day (sarcasm - when's "eat your broccoli day" joking, not joking) but we don't make or buy cookies with PB in it as far as I know. We make ANZAC bikkies (biscuits, patriots here will read u the riot act if u call them ANZAC cookies!) weekly, alternating with banana bread for school snacks - they're basically rolled oats, flour, butter & golden syrup ( & as little coconut as I can get away with - not my fave either)

bestcee likes this.
  16. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Oh My Goodness, THESE! I Never buy them unless I have a group at our house because I CAN NOT STOP!

17. bestcee

I freeze the cookie dough....and it sometimes escapes being eaten my husband to become cookies.

Um, I need these in my life!

Oh! Must try this. I usually make sugar cookies to have frosting on them. This sounds easier.

Maybe..... Or about anything tasty! Although, truth be told, I often find peanut butter cookies dry. And with no chocolate, why waste the calories? :giggle

Mmmm....I love snickerdoodles! Soft, not crunchy.

Yep! I've done that many times!

Aww....:wub first, that's a huge complement! Second, my friends totally say cooking/baking is my love language. :giggle

What!?!? I've wanting one of those, don't know why, but I'll only eat the banana ones. I haven't found one anywhere !

Hmm.. I'm more a lemon bar person myself. But this is intriguing....

Must hear more about this fued!

What's this? Is it like corn syrup? Or a sugar syrup?

gonewiththewind likes this.
  18. bestcee

In my book, chocolate chip cookies are totally not in the same playing field as peanut butter. Chocolate chip are more superior all the way!

19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I went to find them lol. Either one of these...they are both YUM!
    Capture.JPG
    Capture2.JPG

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    bestcee likes this.
  20. bestcee