Combining PL and Traditional Layouts?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by QofK, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Agree with the others here. If I'm doing a traditional layout, I prefer pages with only 1-3 photos. I use pocket scrapping if I have more than that. Often, I'll pocket scrap a title page for an event, and follow it up with pocket scrap pages. I might mix in a couple other feature photo pages if I've got a really stellar photo or two. If you've got a lot to catch up on, I'd recommend getting some pocket scrapping templates in the size you make your books. I only find pocket scrapping saves me time if I'm not ho-ing and hum-ing about the layout.

2. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

I put pictures of the kids in the 'wasted' space, then cut it off after receiving the book and use them for the pictures they need to glue in 'friendsbooks' or their schoolagenda,...

RebeccaH and bestcee like this.
  3. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

What kind of method is that? Would love to get so many done this year!!!

And I mix them up too, my PL-style can be 6 pages of the same day, a big layout with only one or two photo's on it, than PL with a full week... but try now to use 1 bundle/kit as the most used papers/elements/colors so all of it would fit a bit better together. Didn't do that for other years and it really became a mix-and-less-match photobook (but still proud to have them done!)

4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I haven't done very many or any 'traditional' layouts with pocket pages here at TLP but I've done it a lot in prior years. Some weeks had very little or a lot so if I had the odd # I would usually take a photo I really liked and make it a full page one with very little embellishment except perhaps a fancy border and some journaling. I do like my left and right pages to match in some way!

I have also done 6x12 pages when I had a lot more journaling for a trip and either didn't have more photos I wanted to use or really just wanted to flesh out a story. I liked the visual break those back to back stories gave. Usually a small masked image at the top or bottom and then ⅔ of that 6x12 in journaling.