Coffee?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Mar 20, 2017.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Are you a coffee drinker? Do you do decaf or the real deal? Black or w/ sugar or creamer or both? There are a few coffee shops in our area, but no Starbucks. I don't normally do flavored coffees ... what about you?

I used to drink a lot more coffee when I worked afternoons and evenings - since I'd be home in the morning I'd drink a whole pot. The hotter the better for me - and on the stronger side. I have had to switch to decaf because of stomach issues.

I used to buy Papa Nicholas brand, but stores near us have discontinued it and it's too pricey to order with shipping. Now we drink Stewarts - at home on the weekends. At work I buy K-Cups and only drink one cup a day.

We went to a restaurant a few weekends ago that serves Douwe Egberts coffee and I am pretty sure I could drink a whole pot of that. I finally found it on Amazon and was excited to get a small bag of it, but was really let down Sunday when I made it. It tastes nothing like that we had at the restaurant!

Dalis likes this.
  2. spcoggs

spcoggs Well-Known Member

Regular coffee with cream & sugar. I mostly just brew Starbucks Breakfast Blend at home, but I will occasionally splurge and swing by one of their stores.

3. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I've never been a coffee drinker. Green Tea for me.

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

You had me at coffee, LOL. 1st thread I saw ....

I have to have it every morning (a few cups) or I will have a massive headache. And if I smell someone making it later in the day ... I usually cave and join in. I don't like flavored and do not know much about all the fancy varieties - we are mostly a simple breakfast blend or columbian coffee household. But I can not stand it sweet. It grosses me out. Once in awhile I will have the occasional Frappacino or PSL but I consider them a dessert and not a cup of proper coffee.

I go through periods where I drink it: black, or where I add just a bit of almond creamer (but usually that is too sweet), or my favorite/usual is a little half-n-half (but I wish I didn't need the half-n-half, ugh). I hate it with milk.

Yum, coffee.

jesskab likes this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Tea for me.... I love the smell of coffee, but don't like the taste. I have KCups at home, and bring sleeves of tea bags to work. Over the last few months, I haven't been "forcing" myself to drink water as much (I drink water, but usually drink between 8-10 straight water glasses a day)... as long as I have more tea. :giggle

Sokee likes this.
  6. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

No coffee for me, it gives me terrible migraines

7. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I didn't start drinking coffee until my 30s. Now I have one cup of decaf every morning (only because I prefer to get my caffeine from Coke) I use cream and sugar - I think I just really like the feel of a warm mug in the morning. I'm not a huge coffee drinker outside of that. I'll meet friends at Starbucks or another coffee shop, but the coffee is more incidental to the conversation. :)

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Well I bet you can guess where I fall in this category!! It i a must (I am on my 3rd already this morning!) My first cup of home brewed Starbucks Caffe Verona is with half and half only. Then the rest of the day I drink it black. Hubby and I drink regular in the morning and then around 1:30-2:00 I will make a pot of SB House Blend Decaf, as he has stomach issues and difficulty sleeping at night with back stuff so to help we have decaf instead of reg in the late afternoon. On Sundays after I grocery shop if I have a freebie on my SB card or I want to treat myself I will get myself a frappuccino, but otherwise after the first cu it will be black. I do drink tea on occaision, however I am definitely all coffee!

bellbird and ashleywb like this.
  9. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

No. Icky stuff!

I have vivid smell memories of Mom breathing her coffee breath on me as she helped me with sewing, knitting, cooking, or whatever. Gag me with a spoon. :td I also have memories of watching both parents having to go off coffee (completely for dad and to decaf for mom), and I said I'd never have that happen to me.

So, I'm a tea drinker. I love my tea, especially white peach. yum! But I can't have tea anymore due to the acids. Deja vu all over again. But making the switch to caffeine free herbal teas and rooibos teas was much less stressful than what my parent's went through!

My DH never drank it until a few years ago. He knows if he drinks it he's not allowed within 5 feet of me! So he only drinks it at work.

10. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I adore coffee but I can't drink too much of it for some of the reasons others have stated -- stomach issues (and also too much caffeine makes me jittery). So I have one cup in the morning with half & half and I have half-caf or decaf at lunch. I used to go to Starbucks every day for a latte but I "trained" myself to need less milk and drink regular coffee when I was on a low carb diet (and I didn't want to spend so much at Starbucks). I made my own lattes at home for a while on a fancy espresso machine but that took too long and got old. Now, I use our Keurig but I use re-usable Kcups, not the disposable kind. I drink Dunkin' Dark as my caffeinated coffee of choice (surpisingly good) and after a LONG search for a good decaf I use Major Dickenson's Decaf by Peet's. Nice and dark and smooth.

11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Yep...I'm a coffee drinker. I'm waiting for a pot to brew at work right now.
    I use flavored creamer and Splenda in mine.

bestcee and cfile like this.
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't do coffee or tea. I drink milk, water, lemonade, & one Wendy's Diet Coke once a week. :)

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This! I don't drink coffee, but I love a can of Coke :giggle
    My favorite is McDonald's Coke. They make it just right. And it's fabulous.

14. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Ohhhh yes!!! I LOVE coffee!!!

I finally caved and cut the flavored creamers out cold turkey in January to knock out more carbs from my diet...just use heavy whipping cream and little bit of butter. I'm afraid to try the red palm oil...what if I don't like it??

I do love the chestnut praline latte that Starbucks gets during the holiday season...my weakness. I always have them add an extra shot of espresso.

I'm lucky enough to have a hubby that works for a coffee company so I get free coffee that they carry...it's the crappy Green Mountain k-cups, but I'm not having to pay, so I shut up and drink up LOL!

I do have decaf at night if I want something warm to drink and I don't feel like having tea.

15. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Bullet-proof tea: I start with PG Tips (strong British black tea), add some xylitol, a dollop of coconut oil, a bit of red palm oil, a slab of organic butter & top it off with heavy whipping cream. The tea is delicious!!! (I eat keto, low carb, high fat.) :-)

16. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

17. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I usually drink orange tea with milk, I can drink Rooibos tea, but I don't love it. Earl Grey also goes down a treat.
    Coffee has to be as a latte - I hate bitter coffee and am trying to cut out sugar and sweeteners.
    Today though, I tried a butterscotch iced frappe thing in Seattle Coffees (in Cape Town) and it was awesome. Perfectly refreshing and caffeinated.

18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Oh coffee, how I love thee!! Reading along as I sip my Venti skinny iced mocha. I like a treat every once in a while, but I really just like black, no sweetener, no cream, coffee!! I usually have a cup before I leave for work and then at least a couple when I get there and sometimes another in the afternoon. Caffeine really has no effect on me whatsoever. I could drink it until bed time and still sleep like a baby. I do like the flavored K-Cups and ground coffee, but nothing sweet...ewww.

19. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I do like coffee. Most of the time I start my day with diet coke though, because I get hot too easily. Last week I stopped for a Starbucks caramel macchiato before work. Holy cow was I wired! I always keep k-cups at home & work & caramel powdered creamer.

20. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

Not a coffee drinker here. I prefer black tea. My favorite is Tazo Awake tea with half & half and a packet of Whole Earth stevia/monk fruit sweetener. When I got to Starbucks, then I'll get the Royal English Breakfast tea with same add-ins.