Cleaning up a hard drive

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 18, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yes ma'am! My phone has been bad at autocorrect lately, so it's minimizing what I write!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@gonewiththewind do you mean you took old psd files and just changed the photo? I have done that with PL templates I've made with Mommyish's template maker. Once I made a whole bunch I realized I didn't need to reinvent the wheel every week. I'm thinking that this summer I should make some new ones just so I don't forget the process.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yes! I just had to remove title work on some pages, and definitely took off dates and journaling. Sometimes I would move some things around if necessary, but most often it was just plopping the photo in. Oh . . . I did convert them from 12x12 to 11x8.5 for the slide show and printing as well.

If you're interested in seeing them, here they are: Aunt Dolly Life Remembered Just click on slideshow at the top to view. :)

4. cookingmylife

I love that set of images Cheryl! This photo in particular sure shows how what goes around comes around. I think I was that kind of halter bathing suit at J. Crew or some such store! And I know a lot of these suits were made at home.

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 3.52.28 PM.png

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What a fabulous gift! So very thoughtful and meaningful! And how cute that he made you go hunt for it. :giggle

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I keep ALL of my .psd files from my scrap layouts. I've gone back and used them many times too, so for me, it's worth it. I do periodically transfer them to a separate EHD that I keep just for .psd files. That way they don't fill up my working EHD.

7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I don't keep .psd files but I do turn some of my LOs I love into templates and keep those TIFFs (I save in .tif format cuz they're usually smaller files). I don't feel like I need to save all of my TIFFs, but saving on one EHD would save space. I'd still probably only save a few though. I just can't imagine saving them all although I'm now curious how BIG a folder my "tif files" folder would be after a decade of digiscrapping!

Karen likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

Good idea @Karen to use one EHD for old .psd or .tiff files.I have one that is a portable 256GB which was the norm back in its day. Also a 500GB that was my good old digi travel stash.

Karen likes this.